Author Topic: No time to hunt again !  (Read 822 times)

Offline stimpylu32

• Trade Count: (67)
No time to hunt again !
« on: November 25, 2008, 03:18:38 PM »
Just got 5 big projects dropped into my lap so it looks like another month of 7-10s , kinda puts the damper on Deer season .  :'( This is the 2nd season in a row that this has happened , sometimes I wish I wasn't as good at my job so I could play hook-e once and awhile .  ??? The approx cost for these jobs is going to run in the $300,000 price range , I do like the idea of spending other peoples money though .  ;D

So for all you lucky enough to get into the woods , have fun , good luck and be careful !  ;)

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline dpe.ahoy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
Re: No time to hunt again !
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 05:16:55 PM »
That's not fair stimpy, I'm sorry to hear that.  Wondered why hadn't heard much from you lately on the NEF forum.  Our season ends this Sunday, gotta go one more weekend.  I'll try to get one for ya.  DP
RIP Oct 27, 2017

Handi's:22Shot, 22LR, 2-22Mag, 22Hornet, 5-223, 2-357Max, 44 mag, 2-45LC, 7-30 Waters, 7mm-08, 280, 25-06, 30-30, 30-30AI, 444Marlin, 45-70, AND 2-38-55s, 158 Topper 22 Hornet/20ga. combo;  Levers-Marlins:Two 357's, 44 mag, 4-30-30s, RC-Glenfields 36G-30A & XLR, 3-35 Rem, M-375, 2-444P's, 444SS, 308 MX, 338Marlin MXLR, 38-55 CB, 45-70 GS, XS7 22-250 and 7mm08;  BLR's:7mm08, 358Win;  Rossi: 3-357mag, 44mag, 2-454 Casull; Winchesters: 7-30 Waters, 45Colt Trapper; Bolt actions, too many;  22's, way too many.  Who says it's an addiction?

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 06:33:20 PM »
I heard a rumor from a little bird that the prairie dogs had been praying for you to have to work all thru hunting season for what you did to them out in OK. Hmmm, might be some truth in that rumor after all.  :o ???

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 05:45:48 AM »
Sorry to hear you are so busy Richard, but that $$$ is good! Maybe you gotta take up bowhunting with us, and extend your deer season. Over all those weeks you might get in a hunt here and there.

Joe
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us

Offline Catfish

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 06:56:47 AM »
Well, if one of us has to miss deer season, BETTER YOU THAN ME.  ;D Besides, someone has to pay my retirement.  ;D With all that money you`ll have I going to have to hit the Lima gun show Sat. morn. 2 hrs. before they open or you`ll have all of the bargin bought.    :'(

Offline stimpylu32

• Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 02:05:58 PM »
When it rains , it pours , got told today that we are on the inside track for a 7 million dollar project that is to run through July 09 , all I could say was " Bring it on " BUT around the last of May or the first part of June I'll be shooting P-dogs in Ok. come hell or high water .

Catfish , better shop early because if I don't spend it Mama surely will .  ;D , first on the list is one of those little bolt 243's like yours . Me likes that thing .  ;) and everyone needs a 243 pistol .  :o

Joe , never could hit the broad side of a barn with those stick & string things !  ;D

DP , just finished moving into a new house and today was my 17th day without a day off .

GB , now those little suckers went and did it , may need to call in an AIR STRIKE for June or just bring more 45/ rounds .  ;D

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline GregP42

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 09:23:56 AM »
Richard,

Don't worry about it, I will take care of them extra deer for ya  ;D ;D ;D I am working today so I have Monday off for the opener. But for them stick and sting things look into a crossbow. I have dad's right now since my back is messed up and it is the best shooting thing I have ever seen! If a deer is within 50 yards of me with that thing it is mine, well unless it does like the one two weekends ago and sits on the other side of the bushes and look over them at me....... Thought about shooting him in the head! Well I need to get back at it myself, have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

Greg
NRA Life Member
"Those who sacrifice essential liberty for temporary safety are not deserving of either liberty or safety."  - Ben Franklin, 1776
Vis Sis Mis!

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 03:50:34 PM »
tell yu what greg last time  my son shot a deer with his crossbow i would have argueed  he had used a rifle on it those things  blew a  dandy hole in the shoulder of the  deer, i used all my vacation  goin to vegas to watch him in the fireman compititions  so ill be  goin after work if i make it in time , work till 4-430 so ill be limited to a short time  for sure,  stimply dont work to hard remember your not as young as yu useto be hahhah