Author Topic: Price of Ruger Redhawk Rings!  (Read 806 times)

Offline billm08

• Trade Count: (0)
Price of Ruger Redhawk Rings!
« on: July 23, 2008, 09:29:27 AM »
I bought a used Ruger Redhawks with the dovetails for the scope rings cut in, but the rings were not with the gun when I bought it.  I checked on the price of a set of Ruger Stainless Redhawks Rings and boy did I get a suprise!  The pair of rings cost $60.  Ruger....what gives!  Most Leupold bases and rings together don't cost this much.  I though of Ruger as being one of the better companies to deal with in terms of what they charge for things, but I guess this would be one more thing having ol Bill spinning in his grave.  The price of all these things keep going up, but I think $60 for rings is a bit much.

Offline odoh

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Price of Ruger Redhawk Rings!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 02:53:48 PM »
Thats not recent ~ has always been that way. Chk gunshows and Ebay.

G'luck

Offline irold

• Trade Count: (22)
  • A Real Regular
  • "Live today , for tomorrow may never come"
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 03:14:57 AM »
I agree with odoh , the prices on their rings have always been a little pricey when purchased separately .  On the other hand , I just bought a nice holster for my 4" Redhawk from their website , I believe it was 38 bucks. ( plus $5 S & H )  A real nice rig for that price. Personally , I feel the factory ring setup would be worth the $60 , It makes for a clean looking rig.   OMO , as they say everyones got one .    ;D

Offline blhof

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 03:52:39 AM »
Check Ebay item;  320276757801.  I was looking for rings for my Ruger 22 rifle and came across them. 

Offline odoh

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 04:49:51 PM »
Ebay item #320276757801 is for SRH not RH if I read correctly.  RH takes 2 of a kind ~ SRH takes a hi and med.

From the recorded bid prices, me thinks many are catching onto/using bid snipers ~ no way will they go for $13

Offline Old Griz

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 08:14:22 PM »
 I believe CDNN had them at a good price, and I saw someone else with cheap Ruger rings. If it comes to me, I'll post it. Also check MidwayUSA.
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

Offline billm08

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 05:18:28 AM »
I found a set at the local gunshop and got them to sell them for $50 (they were new).  They are pricey, but I love the way a scope mounts on them  and you can take it off without disturbing the open sights. 

Offline S.B.

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 11:52:14 AM »
I called and priced getting a barrel dovetailed and was told it had to have a new barrel to get the dovetails? $200-$300 IIRC?
"The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson."
Life member of NRA, USPSA,ISRA
AF&AM #294
LIUNA #996 for the past 34 years/now retired!

Offline warrior1

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 06:08:05 PM »
pair xtra high stainless steel 40.00. are the rifle and revolver rings interchangeable?
Dan Deluca aka "warrior1" has passed away.  Dan was a frequent poster here and on several other sites.  He passed away on 12/29/08 from a massive heart attack. RIP Dan.

Offline warrior1

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 07:53:11 AM »
look at this one redhawk ringshttp://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/2357935/page/3/gonew/1#UNREAD
Dan Deluca aka "warrior1" has passed away.  Dan was a frequent poster here and on several other sites.  He passed away on 12/29/08 from a massive heart attack. RIP Dan.