Author Topic: new and used buffalo classic  (Read 606 times)

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
new and used buffalo classic
« on: July 30, 2008, 07:16:05 AM »
Yesterday i stopped at Cabelas on the way home, as i do from time to time to see if
they had anything needed my attention. They had a used BC with a couple of rough places
on the stock, looked like someone had been using a brick for a rear support on the bench.
$379.00 i thought this was a little High, i ambled over to the new guns and low and behold
there was a NEW BC $379.00. I ask but no one could explain. Seems i will never understand the retail
marketing of some companies.
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
Re: new and used buffalo classic
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 09:56:07 AM »
well rex ive had this happen to me , there is a small percentage of people that seem to think since they bought someting and they owned it , that it automaticly becomes better and worth more then new , even if they never did any improvements to such an item? happens a lot when i go to public auctions , people that bid on the same thing i do think since iam bidding on it then its worth more to them i guess ? so they pay new price + 10 %  just to win it hahahahahha hhahaha so maybe one of those fella's traded it in?

Offline rugerfan01

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 11:21:17 AM »
I think its a Cabelas thing.
I was in one the other day and I seen several rifles of different make on the used shelves that were priced as much as NIB rifles.
I didnt bother to ask. It pays to do your home work  dont it ? :o

Offline Bison Butt

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 08:22:56 PM »
If the new one has an extractor, and the old one had an ejector,....some may just pay for that advantage.

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 06:16:45 PM »
tryed to buy a ruger 10-22dsp used at one it was priced higher than new nd the guy said it was because "this one has a walnut stock" he didn't seen to grasp that all of tht model has a walnut stock. I did buy a mossberg that they had at a decent price the sale involved 4 different people and took over an hour and that does not count the one who had to walk me to the door. could be we are expected to pay for their inefficency.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline Freightman

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 03:52:03 AM »
Worked for a man in a gun shop now closed, he would trade for a gun and put a new price + on it and when it didn't sell he would mark it up by 10/15% go figure. When he closed down he had an auction where he lost all the advantage and money from the high prices. Had a AG42B Ljungman sell for $150 and just six weeks before he turned down $600 so where did inflated prices get him? Out of business!