Author Topic: I have never owned an H&R... I have a question H&R Buffalo Classic  (Read 399 times)

Offline youthpastorjon

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
I just happened to look at an add for H&R's Buffalo classic guns.  I love the calibers they are offered in and they are a downright pretty gun to look at with the peep sights and American Walnut.  However, are they any good?  Does anyone have experience with them? Is it a gun worth purchasing? THanks

Offline cgoff

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: I have never owned an H&R... I have a question H&R Buffalo Classic
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 07:43:21 AM »
 I've got one and love it, it shoots well and is very well made.  any loads around 1800 fps and it kicks like a mule, so be ready

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: I have never owned an H&R... I have a question H&R Buffalo Classic
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 09:50:00 AM »
I've got 5 of them, although not all in the original chambering...  45-70, 45-120, 38-55, 405 Winchester and a 45 Colt Carbine that's been rechambered to 460S&W. All but the 460 which hasn't been to the range yet, shoot 1" 100yd groups or better.  The 38-55 Target version is no longer made, but is still on dealer racks, has the same stock and frame with a 28" barrel instead of 32". If you get the 38-55, you'll want one made in 2007 with a Marlin made barrel, older models had tight necks and large bores that require neck reaming and shooting .380" and bigger cast bullets, 2007 models are good with .379" jacketed and .380" cast, too bad they discontinued it. :-\

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain