Author Topic: What should I do?  (Read 703 times)

Offline 2slow

• Trade Count: (1)
What should I do?
« on: July 25, 2008, 09:22:16 AM »
Hello all!  First post in this section.  To start off, my dad got me into deer hunting last fall.  I did a lot of hunting, bow, shot gun, hand gun, and muzzle loader.  I love it all and can't wait until this season.  Now to my question.  I have it narrowed down to two options.  A ML barrel for my Contender or a TC Triumph.  I figure I will have the same money in either option but would like your opinions on which would be the most accurate and / or the best option.  I have shouldered many different muzzle loaders and I really like both of these about the same. 
Thanks in advance.

Offline Keith Lewis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: What should I do?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 04:49:30 PM »
I do not think there is a .50 cal barrel available for the Contender. Personally I would go with the full rifle and leave the Contender for other purposes.  You may not agree; but that is what is called personal preference.

Offline tc scout

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (37)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 12:24:53 AM »
I considered that same option myself a few months ago. Went with the Triumph, have not been disappointed, it is a very good shooting gun. Kept my contender in centerfire with a 357 Max, also a very good choice(for me), I love shooting the max, very accurate and low recoil. Back to the Triumph, IMO you will not be disappointed with this gun, I have the blue-black version and bought for $349.95. Have only shot Blackhorn 209 in it, very accurate. 
The strongest reason for the
people to retain the right to keep and bear arms
is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Underclocked

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 07:27:06 PM »
Unless that is a G2, you would need to go to a custom barrel maker for the .50 barrel. 
WHUT?

Offline 2slow

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 06:01:22 AM »
Thanks for the information guys.  I didn't know that about really not having a barrel option for my contender.  Looks like I'll be getting the triumph and keeping my contender set up with the 44 mag barrel for deer.
Thanks again!

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 01:22:23 AM »
You won't be disapointed with the triumph, it is a good muzzleloader.  Just find a good bullet/sabot combo that shoots well in it.
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline 2slow

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 10:21:16 AM »
Well guys, just when I thought I was going to have a Triumph a good deal on an Encore ML was found.  I will be picking it up tomorrow.

So, now the question is what all do I need?  Is there someplace that I can find that lists what is necessary and what is just nice to have.  It comes with a 3x9 scope, so I should be good there.  Just need to know the rest of the stuff you all recommend.

Thanks again!  :)

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 10:47:19 AM »
Triple7 pellets or powder, Remington Kleen bore primers and a good bullet/sabot componation. Cleaning kit and what ever else you may think you need.  Now go buy that stuff and get to the range...  ;D
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 03:53:12 PM »
Or the new Blackhorn 209 which I have read no bad results of.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick