Author Topic: ONE HURRICANE DOWN  (Read 288 times)

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
ONE HURRICANE DOWN
« on: August 05, 2008, 09:18:01 AM »
Well the hurricane---actually it was a strong tropical storm or very weak hurricane---has come and gone.
We got lucky as we were on the west side--not by much, but enough to count--and only got some 60MPH gust and 6 inches of rain.
No damage too report in Houston and best of all NO FLOODING. It moved on thru. Most of the time these tropical fronts move inland and just rain out. that is when you get 20 or 25 inches of rain in 3 or 4 hours.
We needed the rain and it was a soker--been raining all day.
Hope the hill country gets some.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline rockbilly

Re: ONE HURRICANE DOWN
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 04:21:36 PM »
William.  Been there, done that!  Glad to hear there was no major damage, and I agree on the rain, send some out to us.

After going through Carla back in the 60s I was actually glad when the military called me back to active duty.  Working for Parks and Wildlife at the time, I was stationed in Port O'Connor area, (about dead center of where she hit the coast) After seeing the destruction, I decided I would rather live where the weather was a little more freindly.  I don't have to worry about hurricanes any more, but we do have a tornado pass through the area every now and then.  Thank God, we have avoided any major damage over the years.

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 06:32:40 AM »
Glad every thing is OK.
I heard on the news that the Marathon refinery had minor damage, i thought well Gas prices
will go up.
I am in Ft. Worth we have clouds and cooler weather today, thanks for sending it on up our way.
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline CyberSniper

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 06:39:22 AM »
Based on what I know, we got almost nothing in most areas of San Antonio.
Just enough to get stuff wet.
May have been a few areas that got a decent rain, but mostly not.
Same goes for Medina county just west of here.