Author Topic: Another sub pellet for MLing by IMR  (Read 420 times)

Offline lefty41

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Avid Poster
Another sub pellet for MLing by IMR
« on: January 04, 2009, 02:37:00 PM »
Just picked up the Hodgdon 2009 Annual Reloading manual. IMR has brought out a new 50 cal 50 grain pellet called "White Hots". Water cleanup and can use the T7 primers. Article did not mention price or availability. Has anyone seen them or heard much about them. SD was very good in their tests, and might be a better answer than BH209. It is between Pyrodex & T7 in terms of pressure and velocity.
Jerry Miller (lefty41)
"In God we trust"

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: Another sub pellet for MLing by IMR
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 03:48:03 PM »
If you go look on page 2 of this forum, there is a post I started back in October about the White Hots. Lots of links to articles written about it. At first it sounded like something revolutionary, but lately it looks like they are just 777 without the dark color. They do still have the crud ring however.

I don't think Blackhorn 209 has a thing to be worried about, not from these.

SHOT Show starts on Jan 15th, they were going to wait to introduce them there, but they have been for sale at some Cabelas stores for a week or two now. Real world (non writer) reports indicate they are rebadged white 777 pellets. I will test some when I get to Cabelas. Was planning on going today, but Mother Nature has given us freezing rain/drizzle all day, and it is about a 5 hour round trip. Maybe next weekend?

Check out all the links in this thread.
http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,154086.0.html
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline lefty41

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Another sub pellet for MLing by IMR
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 01:56:50 PM »
Busta,
Thanks for bringing me up to date on the White hots. Missed that thread somehow. Interested in hearing what you think after trying them.
Jerry Miller (lefty41)
"In God we trust"