Author Topic: Tracking your repair  (Read 1800 times)

Offline kevinsmith5

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: Tracking your repair
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2008, 03:13:17 PM »
Hopefully not, since they actually told me forst on July 7th it had already been shipped out to me.
If he's carrying a singleshot, don't expect a warning shot!

Offline Hunter6657

• Trade Count: (62)
  • Contributor
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2008, 05:23:59 AM »
Mine was recieved in Gardner on June 18th. Then it got forwarded to the Remington plant.
I've been calling every 2 weeks for them to even find my dadgum rifle. I guess I could call and try to get it canceled but the problem is I sent in a check to cover the barrel and fitting, so how in the heck can I get that back. At this point I'm about ready to tell them to keep the reciever and see if I can get my money back through the bank and just go buy one off the shelf in 45-70. If Rossi had a rifle in 45-70, I'd go with that one.
Maybe I'll get it back before deer season in November, I aint holding my breath.  Ed did call me one time and said he was gonna find the reciever, blah blah blah, but that was 3 weeks ago and havent heard back since even though I have called leaving a message--no update yet.
I was told initially when sending it in that if it was recieved in Gardner before the 20th of June it would be fitted and sent back from Gardner. Unfortunately, they just shipped it from there to Remington, so that was at least a 2-3 week waste of time while it sat at Gardner waiting to be shipped to the Remington plant.
I hope they get this all straighted out soon because this is the biggest clusterfork I have ever seen.

I was going to add another barrel to the order but they cant even find it.
God created man, Col. Colt made him equal.

Offline cajun

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2008, 05:33:46 AM »
Does anyone have the email address for Daniel Cox or John Loschin??  I tried the info@remington.com but have yet to hear back from them other than the automated response.

Thanks,,,,

Offline lonewolf5348

• Trade Count: (38)
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2008, 06:38:38 AM »
 Mr. John Loschin at 1-866-776-9292.

ask to speak with  john loschin

Offline kevinsmith5

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2008, 12:00:45 PM »
Well, I guess not too many people will be surprised to hear that after being told yesterday it would be finished and sent out yesterday or today I didn't get any shipping notification today. Guess I'll have to call tomorrow morning to see what the delay was THIS TIME......

Offline JonnyC

• Contributor
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2008, 12:52:47 PM »
I was told it was shipped and will be arriving tomorrow. HAVE MY FINGERS CROSSED. ::)
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Offline cajun

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2008, 04:55:09 AM »
Tracking your repair on the Remington site may or may not work.  At least that's what Ed in customer service told me yesterday.  When I told him that I could not track my repair even though I had a repair # and the serial #, he asked if it was for a "Remington" firearm.  I told him it was for an H&R and he said that was why it was not tracking. ???

He also assured me that the barrel accessory program is still on the 6 to 8 week turn-around since this is their busy season.

Offline kevinsmith5

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2008, 06:30:48 AM »
I called today and was told it was in packing and would ship out today. I would be happier about this if I hadn't been told Tuesday it would ship that afternoon or Wednesday morning.

Offline kevinsmith5

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2008, 04:34:06 PM »
Well, they promised me this morning I would get an e-mail with the tracking number when it shipped. got home today and no e-mail. Does this mean they forgot or does it mean they didn't ship it?

My money is one didn't ship it. Will call again in the morning.

Offline kevinsmith5

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2008, 12:43:32 PM »
Called again today. Got told "It's in packing". Pointed out it had been there since Tuesday. She asked me to hold a moment.

Comes back and says "They ran out of boxes in packing, your rifle should ship out some time early next week."!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said "YOU ran out of BOXES?"

"Yes sir but it will ship out next Monday or Tuesday."

"You ran out of boxes for a WEEK?"

"Yes sir."

I had to hang up before I said something my mother would not approve of.