Author Topic: Fox New August 15, 2008. More Soldiers contribute to Obama than McCain?  (Read 519 times)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
YESTERDAY, Fox News (the fair and balanced one ::)) reported that MORE American soldiers contributed MORE money to the Obama campaign than they did to the McCain campaign. I don't remember the numbers on soldiers, nor the numbers on money but, it was quite a contrast.
Giving that Fox is PRO REPUBLICAN, that is something to think about. It would appear that the American soldier is not as PRO Republican, (Bush-McCain) on their foreign policies as many would like to think.
I will try to find the numbers today, as I was on the road when I listened to this report yesterday.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline rebAL

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Fox New August 15, 2008. More Soldiers contribute to Obama than McCain?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 02:47:07 AM »
What would you expect when 91 % of afro/americans vote for their guy?  I appears that emotion & racism trump common sense and reason.  Just wait;  In about 50 years white voters will be in the minority.

Offline magooch

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 03:13:45 AM »
First off, to say that Fox is pro Republican is ridiculous--they just aren't as anti-Republican as the rest of them.  Did they happen to break the contributors down by their color?  Never mind, I can guess.
Swingem

Offline Dee

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 03:56:10 AM »
How in the hell did this thread become a race issue? How in the hell do EITHER OF YOU, and myself included, know whether the soldiers were black or white, or brown, or red, or peppermint striped for that matter. I checked on other news sources and the stats are all over the Internet.
Good Grief! ::)

Offline rebAL

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 04:43:40 AM »
What is the racial make-up of our military?  Perhaps I am in error.  If so I will admit it.  I assumed that BO'B knows the military is disproportionatly black and that's why he chose to campaign there.  I do know that 91% of blacks support BO'B. 

Offline Dee

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 06:25:14 AM »
I believe that black Americans make up roughly 25% of all forces. The Mexican American is a fast growing member of the armed forces, HOWEVER, this is really an UNEMPORTANT STAT.
If it were a racial thing, then the white soldier whom out numbers the black soldiers could EASILY out contribute the blacks in their (the whites) support of McCain.

While Bush and McCain, AND THEIR SUPPORTERS are pounding their chests, and giving their Tarzan yells over Iraq, Russia has just invaded Georgia, which by the way is a REAL DEMOCRACY and a REAL FRIEND TO THE UNITED STATES, and there is NOTHING that America can do about it, as we are tied up trying to make little Americans out of little Arabs that don't want to be little Americans, nor are they interested in Democracy, which is nothing more than mob rule anyway.

Rome accomplished EXACTLY the same thing in their day, by ALSO spreading themselves TOO THIN.

No big deal you say? Wait and hope the Russians DON'T shut off the oil and gas pipe line coming out of the Caspian Basin ACROSS GEORGIA, which feeds most of Europe it's energy. Sound familiar?

The point of this entire thread was to "point out" that EVEN THE MILITARY is not very excited about McCain.

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 07:26:37 AM »
THE SOLDIERS KNOWN IF ANYONE GOING TO BRING THEM HOME THE FASTEST IT'S OBAMA. BUT YOU KNOWN FOX NEWS THEY HAVE TIN HATS ON NOT LIKE CNN. ;D

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2008, 08:47:50 AM »
Having spent 49 years in or working with the military I feel qualified to make this statement.

The military has always faired better under a Republican president that a democrat.  The Republicans support pay raises, and equipment upgrades much more often than the Democrats.  I remember a period under Carter where the military didn't have paper..........toilet paper, computer paper, or paper for admin purposes.  I had military orders cut on the back side of old topo maps, used computer papers was all we had for interoffice or on base documents.  We did not have ammo for training, and a large percentage of our aircraft sat on the ramp unable to fly as the results of no parts.  Historically it has been the practice of the Democrats to gut the military and downgrade it to a sub-standard force.  All areas, including medical care are cut!

The military today is all voluntary, there are no draftees.  Everyone that has served in our fight against terrorist is there by choice.  This includes the reservists and National Guard troops.  How and why they would support Obama is beyond my wildest imagination, to me this is like sticking yourself in the eye with a sharp stick.

AS for the racial make up of the military, the whites are still in majority.  Black is rapidly gaining, but there is a large number of Hispanics.  A large number of the minority are in the military as the result of an absence of “good paying” jobs in the civilian community, or there to gain experience and education. There is a surprising number of illegal immigrants in the military too, a quick and easy avenue to citizenship.  I think many of the folks in this category see Obama as the savior, and the one to provide them with a silver spoon……..boy will they be in for a surprise.

Remember…………what we give away today, we will have to fight to regain at a later date!

Offline deltecs

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2008, 10:59:40 AM »
While it is unfortunate that most caucasians do not view this presidential contest as race oriented, it is obvious that a substantial majority of blacks do.  Blacks have voted for Obama with 75-95% in the primaries for him.  Some had voted for Hillary.  Ethier way in the Presidential election, most of the black community will vote Obama, while most of the white population will be split between the libs and conservatives.  There is argument with these facts.  Blacks see Obama as a black president who will serve their interest, not necessarily those of the country.
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline magooch

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2008, 04:51:09 AM »
Rockbilly and deltecs, there you go again, adding common sense and reality to the conversation.
Swingem

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2008, 05:05:26 AM »
If I recall the FOX report did say the poll was from a small segment of soldiers.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.