Author Topic: There may now be real proof of Bigfoot!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1207 times)

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
Re: There may now be real proof of Bigfoot!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 12:17:35 PM »
Warning: and I Quote:

Many believe this to be just another publicity stunt, as there have been several such Bigfoot hoaxes linked to Mr. Tom Biscardi in the past. As the LiveScience.com Web site points out: "Biscardi promoted a pay-per-view cable TV show in which he offered viewers the chance to see a Bigfoot captured on live television for only $59.95. That never happened."

Another similar story is presented by LiveScience, saying that back in 1995 Mr. Biscardi announced the capture of a 400 pounds Bigfoot, but the proof never surfaced.

The problem with this news is that its source is far from being considered reliable. Apparently, Biscardi finished the work on a new documentary called Bigfoot Lives and all this hype around the new announced discovery might only be a simple and efficient way of setting up the debut of his new production.

Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 01:00:40 PM »
Supposedly there will be proof positive tomorrow. I saw the thing on fox yesterday, but I don't have cable here, so I hope some of you will watch and report. POWDERMAN.  ??? ???
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 01:09:00 PM »
I will definitely be watching as I have always found this subject very interesting. Just imagine if true what it would mean from a scientific perspective???
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 01:33:47 PM »
I am a bit skeptical myself. It would really be neat if it were true. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline -Shaggy-

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 04:39:20 PM »
Just wait, Bigfoot will turn out to be a neocon globalist Issie, then it will all be total symetrical global collapse...... :o

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 01:55:26 AM »
BUSH DID THIS. ;D

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 02:45:43 AM »
no, it was the jews.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 03:05:27 AM »
there was a picture of it in this mornings paper. it looks like a roll of shag carpet with a fake gorilla head stuck on the end of it. there was even a pile of guts laying on top. I call it a fake.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline TribReady

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2008, 04:01:38 AM »
All I can say is "C'mon, seriously."    ::)

This sounds like something my daughters would talk about...after getting a mass email about it.  Bigfoot?  C'mon, seriously.  I know there's folks that believe, or atleast want to believe, but for the rest of us in reality, does the existence of some strange, large creatures that have managed to go undetected this long seem plausible? 
A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson

...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  -2 Chronicles 7:14

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2008, 08:08:55 AM »
Just remember, highland gorillas were not discovered until I think the 1940's.

I'm a sceptic but remain open. There are too many people alleging a sighting that it bares looking at.

The footage that was taken back in the 60's was recently analyzed in great detail. Experts are not conviced, but they are not willing to rule it out as totally plausible. The creature in the footage, displayed walking traits that experts claim cannot be easily produced by the human anatomy. The fact that someone would even know to do this type of walk and arm movement, leaves experts open to the possibility.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Mike Britton

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 08:28:19 AM »
As much as it will be the greatest scandal, and tragedy in history, it's going to take a body to make it real.
I see arguments on TV about the legal and moral implications of shooting a bigfoot, but how can you accuse someone of killing something that no one believes exists?
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"   George Orwell
Life member NRA, Life member TSRA
Crabby conservative old fart

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2008, 08:52:02 AM »
I see no reason to shoot one unless its acting aggressive towards you or someone else. Shooting one, if they exist would do nothing anyway except put you in the negative spot light and help the scientists. I could actually care less if they exist or not so helping science to me is a mute point to me.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2008, 05:36:55 PM »
http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSN1544880720080815?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews

"Bigfoot" fails DNA test

PALO ALTO, California (Reuters) - Bigfoot remains as elusive as ever.

Results from tests on genetic material from alleged remains of one of the mythical half-ape and half-human creatures, made public at a news conference on Friday held after the claimed discovery swept the Internet, failed to prove its existence.

Its spread was fueled by a photograph of a hairy heap, bearing a close resemblance to a shaggy full-body gorilla costume, stuffed into a container resembling a refrigerator.

One of the two samples of DNA said to prove the existence of the Bigfoot came from a human and the other was 96 percent from an opossum, according to Curt Nelson, a scientist at the University of Minnesota who performed the DNA analysis.

Bigfoot creatures are said to live in the forests of the U.S. Pacific Northwest. An opossum is a marsupial about the size of a house cat.

Results of the DNA tests were revealed in an e-mail from Nelson and distributed at the Palo Alto, California, news conference held by Tom Biscardi, host of a weekly online radio show about the Bigfoot.

Also present were Matthew Whitton and Rick Dyer, the two who say they discovered the Bigfoot corpse while hiking in the woods of northern Georgia. They also are co-owners of a company that offers Bigfoot merchandise.

Despite the dubious photo and the commercial interests of the alleged discoverers, the Bigfoot claim drew interest from Australia to Europe and even The New York Times.

Biscardi said the DNA samples may not have been taken correctly and may have been contaminated, and that he would proceed with an autopsy of the alleged Bigfoot remains, currently in a freezer at an undisclosed location.

(Reporting by Clare Baldwin in Palo Alto; writing by Jim Christie; editing by Mary Milliken and Peter Henderson)

====================================================

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2008/08/15/bigfoot-sasquatch-hoax.html

Bigfoot DNA Dubbed Scam, Believers Undaunted
Jennifer Viegas, Discovery News e-mail  share bookmark  print

Aug. 15, 2008 -- Bigfoot's body has been found, according to two Georgia men who, with much media fanfare, showed reporters two blurry photos said to depict the creature at a press conference held today at a hotel a few miles from Stanford University.

A previously promised sample of Bigfoot DNA, along with other evidence, never materialized because, the presenters said, they wished to safeguard this "endangered species."

The hotel's proximity to the California university is about as close to academia as the supposed findings will get, according to experts contacted by Discovery News. They say photographs of the body, supposedly stored in a freezer, resemble a widely available Halloween costume.

"What they are claiming to be Bigfoot in a photograph doesn't look natural," Jeffrey Meldrum, a professor of anatomy in the Department of Biological Sciences at Idaho State University, told Discovery News.

"When the photo is juxtaposed next to an off-the-shelf costume, the resemblance is remarkable," added Meldrum, who is the author of the book, "Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science."

Suspicious from the Beginning

Meldrum, who does not discount the Bigfoot legend, was at first "hopeful" that the discovery was legitimate. Matthew Whitton, identified as a Georgia police officer in a Searching for Bigfoot, Inc., press release, and former correctional officer Rick Dyer, say that they found "the creature" in the woods of northern Georgia.

"The exact location," the press release continues, "is being kept secret to protect the creatures."

"So here these men are in Georgia, which is home to the world-renowned Yerkes Primate Center, and what do they do? They turn to a charlatan instead," Meldrum said.

He identified the "charlatan" as Tom Biscardi, founder of the Great American Bigfoot Research Organization and one of the presenters at today's press conference. In 2005, Biscardi claimed his group captured an 8-foot-tall Bigfoot. That claim was quickly disputed.

More recently, Meldrum says Whitton and Dyer released a YouTube video said to show a scientist traveling to Georgia to examine the "body." Both Meldrum and The Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization say that numerous viewers quickly figured out that the "scientist" was, in reality, Martin Whitton, the deputy's brother.

Georgia Fakelore

Long-time north Georgia resident Charles Doyle, who is a noted folklorist and an associate professor of English at the University of Georgia, told Discovery News he wasn't surprised that Bigfoot is an attention-getter in his region.

The claims come down to media and money, he said.

"Much of the lore of Bigfoot, I suspect, is what one eminent folklorist a generation ago called 'fakelore' -- invented figures with little or no basis in actual oral tradition that are passed off as local folklore, figures like Paul Bunyan and Pecos Bill -- for purposes of PR, attracting tourists, selling tabloid newspapers and magazines, creating children's literature, etc.," Doyle explained.

As to the forests of north Georgia, Doyle pointed out that James Dickie's thriller "Deliverance," and the movie based on the novel, give considerable national currency to a stereotype of the remote "monstrousness" of the area. Concession sales alone in the area provide a local income boost, and future money generated from the Bigfoot hype is expected to do the same.

"Crackpots Versus Eggheads"

Brian Regal, assistant professor for the History of Science at Kean University, foreshadowed this week's news last month. He gave a lecture at London's Grant Museum of Zoology entitled "Crackpots and Eggheads: Pseudoscience and the Search for the Yeti."

During the lecture he mentioned that there is a "battle" between amateur naturalists and professional scientists that helps to drive the hunt for "anomalous primate monsters like Bigfoot."

Regal told Discovery News that there is a "long history of secretively held Bigfoot bodies that goes back to the 1960s."

"The story grabs people's imagination," he said "and until a reputable museum, laboratory or university finds incontrovertible, documented physical evidence for Bigfoot, then we should assume these other finds are fakes and in the category of the 'alien autopsy' of the 90s."

Ray Santilli, a London-based video entrepreneur, promoted the alien video, which featured B-movie type beings undergoing an autopsy. He admitted in 2006 that the video was not entirely genuine.

Bigfoot Believers Unfazed

Loren Coleman, who runs the Cryptomundo blog, which covers strange and unknown animals, warned that the public should take care to separate this latest hoax with legitimate research on the subject.

Meldrum, who claims to have over 200 "Bigfoot footprint casts" in his lab, agrees.

"My assessment of the evidence suggests that Bigfoot is a great ape, like a gorilla or chimp, which is not a hominid and does not possess material culture or the ability to control fire," Meldrum said.

He described the unknown ape as standing 6.5 to 8 feet in height, weighing 450 to 500 pounds, muscular, small brained and flatfooted. Analysis of the footprints suggests it walks "like a human carrying a backpack," with flexed joints to carry the body's weight. He based some of his determinations on the famous 1967 "Bigfoot" video footage shot by Roger Patterson and Robert Grimlin.

"I've concluded, based on repeated examination of the film, that it shows a real animal and not a man in a fur suit," Meldrum said.

Regal, on the other hand, said that "the video looks fake to me," although he expressed respect for Meldrum, whom he described as being "one of the few primatologists to seriously study the phenomenon."

Legends Will Continue

In an odd coincidence, the deputy-found "Bigfoot" falls on the heels this week of the Texas "chupacabra," also allegedly found by a deputy. Chupacabra is another legendary animal whose name literally means "goat-sucker." Sheriff's Deputy Brandon Reidel of Cuero, Texas, shot footage of the running animal, which other experts have identified as a sick coyote.

Aside from the media "ca-ching" factor, Doyle believes "legends about 'monsters,' in general, probably address people's abiding fear of, and therefore fascination with, the unknown."

He suspects the Bigfoot legend will live on well into the future.

"Interest in such semi-human monsters, such as ape-men and werewolves, relate to our perpetual struggle to define what is essentially human in ourselves and in others," concluded Doyle.

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Mike Britton

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2008, 05:42:58 PM »
So the alleged bigfoot made the news here in the Dallas area tonight. Looked kinda cheesy!! Of course it was free advertising for the guys that do the bigfoot thing.
Whenever someone goes for the obvious photo op they take away credibility from serious researchers.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"   George Orwell

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2008, 06:06:42 PM »
Imagine that, information raging all over the internet that claims to be truth now found out to be completely false...

Sounds familiar.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline NONYA

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2008, 02:51:17 AM »
What amazes me is the number of people who buy into this S$%#,the whole BF thing is a scam promoted by a few who do or hope to make $ off the hunt for the elusive BF,they should drop the whole bunch of in afganistan and let them look of Osoma,if we are lucky none of them will make it back to the US.
If it aint fair chase its FOUL,and illegal in my state!
http://www.freewebs.com/lifealongthedge/index.htm

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2008, 05:32:30 AM »
What amazes me is the number of people who buy into this S$%#,the whole BF thing is a scam promoted by a few who do or hope to make $ off the hunt for the elusive BF,they should drop the whole bunch of in afganistan and let them look of Osoma,if we are lucky none of them will make it back to the US.

:) :) Not to mention the guy is also releasing a new book he wrote on bigfoot at the same time. All just a coincidence ::) ::)

I'm still keeping an open mind on BF though. But I will admit this last hoax will make me even more sceptical in the future.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2008, 07:30:50 AM »
well I guess I'll keep on the tin hat. ;D

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2008, 08:19:54 AM »
These things are about as hard to find as Santa Clause.  I spent the better part of a year around the North Pole (we all know that is where Santa lives), I think I sited him once, but found lots of sign, empty cookie boxes everywhere, and long white hair frozen to an iceberg.l  This is proff postive that Sant is alive and well in the North country, so I'm sure bigfood is hiding behind a tree in the forrest where you hunt.

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2008, 12:25:59 PM »
Lets get real here if i had found bigfoot instead of hinting around and blury pics. I'd call national inquirer and had a check for a million before the sun went down. Question number 1, how did 2 guys get a 7 ft long 700lb critter out of the woods? Question #2 that big in a cooler HOW ? Question#3 what are you going to compair the D.N.A. to, Do we have a jug labeled Bigfoot somewere? The B.S. Flag is up.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline Mike Britton

• Contributor
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2008, 07:55:00 AM »
Again, we are mired down in BS! I truly believe that there is a great Ape that we haven't found yet in the woods.
But as long as this circus atmosphere exists there is no hope of credible science finding one.
I  don't blame everyone for being so skeptical and cynical, but I think there is evidence to IMPLY that there is a large primate loose in the woods. However, if I were a serious scientist I wouldn't touch the subject for fear of being laughed out of town.
Maybe I just want there to be another animal we haven't found yet.
As much as I think there is one, I'll remain unimpressed until real physical evidence shows up.
I think it's really interesting, having traveled to the NorthWest many times,( the Skagit valley in Washington, maybe the most beautiful place on earth) and talked with hunters that live there, that the folks I've talked to think this is all a myth created by urban folks to sell books  and magazines.
I want to believe, but all the BS makes it harder and harder.