Author Topic: Pardner Stocks  (Read 618 times)

Offline signomore

• Trade Count: (1)
Pardner Stocks
« on: August 16, 2008, 03:05:50 PM »
I just bought a 12ga Pardner Turkey (camo). It's great but I don't like the camo stock and forend. Does H&R sell the wood stocks separately? Also, will the longer forend I see on some models fit on mine? Thanks.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: Pardner Stocks
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 04:41:10 AM »
Welcome aboard buddy, this is the place to go for info and parts for NRF/H&R's (now by Remington).
Yes, they sell wooden stocks for your gun and it is easy to swap them out. Are you planning on using a Red Dot or optic sight on youyr turkey gun? If so you might be better served by a Monte Carlo stock set up, if not, and you are planning on using iron sights be sure to get a straight staight (non-Monte Carlo) stock so you can use the sights.
As far as the longer forearms, I believe they are made for the heavy profile 10 gauge or heavy (thick walled) 12 gauge USH's (Ultra Slug Hunter) slug guns.
you have a PM incoming I may have a set of stocks for you, e-mail me if you can....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Kal52

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 04:14:17 PM »
that bums me out to hear about the longer forend stocks not fitting, I going to assume then that is a 10ga on the website (black finish). It looks great!
http://www.hr1871.com/Firearms/Shotguns/pardnerTurkey.asp

I was really thinking about that gun for a light multi-use gun. Now I may just get a regular 12ga, cut the barrel and have a choke installed. would be cheaper :o

I think it would be a nice idea to have one of the thick walled 12ga in a smoothbore, (or do they) would be nice for heavy loads.

Dave

Offline PartsMan

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Proud Handi Owner
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 11:03:53 AM »
Put those babys in the classified section and let us fight over them.