Author Topic: BSA  (Read 516 times)

Offline okieshooter

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
  • shoot for the moon, land in the stars
BSA
« on: September 23, 2008, 08:53:50 AM »
I have heard differing opinions. Not good for anything bigger than a 22 and strong enough for 270. I know the glass si not as good as leupold but will these hold up on medium calibers like 25-06 or 270??
Thanks,
Okieshooter

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: BSA
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 11:57:51 AM »
I've had my catseye 3.5-10 on everything from a .223 to my .25 wssm.  Now its on my .308.  No problems and mine has decently clear glass...

Hope that helps :)

Sam
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline DLH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 02:15:30 PM »
I put a Cateye 3 X 9 x 40 on my 4570 TC contender carbine, with pistol loads. It lasted 4 shots, after a lot of hassel from the guy on the phone, they fixed it (sent me a new one).  I will never buy another BSA.
Live every day like it was your last, cause someday it will be!!!

Offline bambambam

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 01:43:05 PM »
BSA is the only scope that I will buy,I have had the rest now I have the best

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 03:28:44 PM »
I have two BSA scopes.  The first one rattles and came from Cabela's on a pellet rifle.  But that is not fair as pellet rifles kill scopes.  The other was a 2X pistol scope that the cross hairs were coiled.   They are crooked in the scope.  But for under $50 what did I expect.  I now save my quarters and buy Weaver when I need a scope  Own 4 now, although I'm looking at the Trijicon scopes real hard for two rifles I want to own.  I also have a couple of Leupolds and can not tell the diff between them and the Weavers except in the wallet.  I do own three Bushnell scopes and they work well.  One replaced the BSA on the pellet gun and was made for a pellet rifle.  Works great.  I shoot that thing almost every week and it has been working well for the last 5 years.  The Bushnell 3-9X32 Banner on my 22 mag Marlin will be changed to a Weaver when I get some other projects done.