Author Topic: PF9 Ankle Holster  (Read 1879 times)

Offline XD9

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
  • Match Grade Makes A Difference!
PF9 Ankle Holster
« on: October 10, 2008, 01:32:03 AM »
Anyone here carry their PF9 in an ankle holster?  If so, which ones do you use?  I've tried a couple but haven't bought anything yet.  I've noticed there are big differences in the level of comfort between the different models.  I like the look of the Gould & Goodrich holster but have been unable to locate one locally to try.  What do you guys recommend?
I'm an accountant and I carry a gun...'nuff said

Offline XD9

• Contributor
Re: PF9 Ankle Holster
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 03:17:37 PM »
http://www.fobusholster.com/products/KEL_TEC_PF9_ANKLE_HOLSTER-3056-46.html

Well, I decided to buy this Fobus ankle rig online...hopefully, I'll like it.  The G&G mentioned in my last post doesn't fit Kel Tecs - at least it doesn't say it does.  I found this Fobus online and then located it on GunBroker for $35.  It's got a retention screw so hopefully I can get a good fit out of it.

Offline XD9

• Contributor
Re: PF9 Ankle Holster
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 07:34:17 AM »
For anyone interested, this thing fits PERFECTLY!!  I really like it and think I made a good decision.  There are other, more expensive ankle rigs out there but this one fits the gun perfectly and is very comfortable.  It has a suede interior that rides against your leg making it very comfortable and also slip resistant.  The molded Fobus holster fits the PF9 perfectly and also any compact 1911's you may have like an EMP or a Defender.  The retention screw allows you to choose how snug of a fit you want for the gun.  I've only had it a couple of days now but in my "playing around" with it, it seems very sturdy and holds the gun well where it's not going to kick out.  For those that like a support strap, you'll have to get one separately as this model does not come with one.  However, I haven't noticed much movement...especially with a gun as light as the PF9.

I recommend this holster for any PF9 owners looking for a good ankle rig at a great price!