Author Topic: Corbin M dies  (Read 1055 times)

Offline hunter280man

• Trade Count: (0)
Corbin M dies
« on: July 26, 2003, 08:07:25 AM »
How do the M dies in the S press work....I'm working on picking up a set but have questions on how well they work in my press.
The older I get the better I was!

Offline Donna

• Contributor
    • http://www.aeroballisticsonline.com
Corbin M dies
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2003, 12:49:52 PM »
Hello :D ,

The "M" dies work the same as the "S" dies. You may need to use that little steel ring in the external punch holder if the dies are of an older style, if not don't worry about the little steel ring. :wink:

Donna :roll:
"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God. James 1:19-20

Offline hunter280man

The dust has settled
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2003, 09:00:59 AM »
Well Donna I hope you're right 8)  I just paid for the .451 and .452 dies over on E-Bay today...along with the core cutter to match. :grin:

The little woman isn't too pleased with me but she doesn't know about all  the auctions I lost!   It could of been worse! :oops:  (I hate snipers)

Congrats to Contendernut on the books....I went visiting my bro-in-law and "missed it by that much"   You wouldn't be interested in selling "Discover Swaging"  would you?

Offline Donna

• Contributor
Corbin M dies
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2003, 11:51:11 AM »
Hello hunter280man, :D

Look in your local or main library for Discover Swaging; my library has two of them. If your library does not have them check at your library if they have an Inter Library Loan Program and have them search the library system and get the book for you on loan. I have found a treasure chest worth of books this way. But if you don’t get the book don’t feel too bad, the book Rediscover Swaging has almost everything in it that Discover Swaging does.

And your M dies will work, mine do. You may have to have Dave make you a new ejection pin for the point-forming die depending on the die set and the press but everything else is the same.

Donna :wink:
"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God. James 1:19-20

Offline Underclocked

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Corbin M dies
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2003, 01:27:01 PM »
hunter280man, what kind of bullet does that .451 die make?
WHUT?

Offline Rick Teal

• A Real Regular
Corbin M dies
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2003, 01:47:07 PM »
I looked briefly at those auctions, but the seller refused to sell to "furriners". :evil:
Hunting is Exciting!  Bolt actions are BORING!!
Don't mix the two!

Offline Donna

• Contributor
Corbin M dies
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2003, 03:01:27 PM »
Hello Rick,

I think not selling to "furriners" is the seller’s stupidity. If you want anything through any auction and the seller does not want to sell to you, give me an e-mail and I’ll place the bid for you.

Offline hunter280man

Corbin M dies
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2003, 03:32:42 PM »
Thanks for the info Donna!

You See;  I think the .451 is a round nose...not certain if its a swc shoulder or smooth ogive...but I'll be able to make solid tipped or hollow with it.  The base is flat as far as I can tell with the info on the auction.

The .452 is a swc desighn with rd nose and keith in either hollow or solid and two bases either the flat or the base guard.

I was going to use the bullets in a .50 with sabbots but the conical idea is kinda nice also...there goes another 89.99....Hellow, .......Corbins? :wink:

Offline contendernut

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Contributor
    • http://www.contendernut.com
Corbin M dies
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2003, 04:33:48 PM »
hunter,

I may sell the Discover Swaging.  Let me look at them and I'll let you know.  

FWIW, I saw that Dave had some new copies of it on his web site.  I tried to find where it was the other day but couldn't find it.  It was on one of the specails pages or something.
-----------
Gary

Offline hunter280man

Corbin M dies
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2003, 05:33:14 PM »
Contendernut;  Yea I saw the book on his sight...60.00 if I recall correctly...no thankx.

I guess I'm doing alright since I won the single #8 volume.   I just would have liked the library...I'll keep looking for some other books, some day I'll get lucky.

Offline Rick Teal

• A Real Regular
Corbin M dies
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2003, 02:03:34 PM »
Donna:

Thanks for the offer!

I'll keep it in mid if that situation presents itself again.

Rick
Hunting is Exciting!  Bolt actions are BORING!!
Don't mix the two!