Author Topic: What's the better feature - Bushnell Raingaurd or Mueller illuminated red dot  (Read 497 times)

Offline curtism1234

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
I'm looking at buying a Bushnell 3200 with raingaurd (non firefly - I don't like design of it) or a Mueller 3x9x40 with german 4 reticles and the small red dot.

I hear good things about Raingaurd and that it really works well. Missouri weather is unpredictable and can be rainy.
On the other hand, I hunt public land deer that run by usually at first and last light where that red dot could possibly make a difference.

Your thoughts?
Thanks

Offline kyelkhunter3006

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
Rainguard Rainguard Rainguard.....  It is the saving grace of the all-weather hunter.  I've sat in monsoon type downpours, thunderstorms, blizzards, and have never worried about covering my lenses on my Rainguard scopes.  I wish every scope had it!

Light transmission in the Bushnell is good enough to make accurate shots in any legal shooting hours.

Offline Dave in WV

The Rain Guard really works. It's not so much for a downpour as light rain and cold weather. I have a B&L binocular with the Rain Guard and really like it. I have no experience with Mueller optics.
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
--Albert Einstein

Offline LaOtto222

• GBO Supporter
I have 4 Mueller scopes and like them all, but none of them have an illuminated recital. I do have a Bushnell with Rain Guard. So the clear (pun intended) winner is Bushnell ::)
Great men have vision and resolve to make dreams come true.

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
I have not but could a person wipe off this rain guard with some Windex and a paper towel? Just wondering. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline kyelkhunter3006

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
Nah, it's a hard lense coating.  You'd probably scratch it up with a paper towel, like you would any type of coating on a glass lense.  You wouldn't believe just how abrasive a paper towel is on delicate things.