Author Topic: OFF TOPIC: RUNNING FROM GUSTAV!!!!!  (Read 1296 times)

Offline paul63

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: OFF TOPIC: RUNNING FROM GUSTAV!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2008, 05:59:51 AM »
Hey LittleWill, what part of Vernon Parish are you from. I'm in the Ft.Polk/Pichering area & it wasn't really bad at all here. We lost power for 9hrs because a tree in our pasture took out the power lines. We got lucky & it turned north in Evangeline Parish. We got the west side, but Alexandria/Pineville & Avoyelles Parish are really messed up. I work in Alexandria & yesterday the flooding started. They were running boats on the streets getting people out.

I hope everyone effected by the storm made it through OK. Here's a bit of news. I just looked at the NOAA site & it looks like Ike will start turning north & follow Hannna.

Offline cajun

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2008, 06:12:08 AM »
We're still out of power but we'll survive.  To complicate the situation, a tornado went through yesterday and damaged some that Gustav had missed.  Fortunately, no one was injured.  But, it did shut down all repair crews for the rest of the day.  Oh well, maybe today..or tomorrow..or Saturday..or....

Offline paul63

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2008, 06:29:57 AM »
I'm glad to hear ya'll made it through alright, but sorry to hear about the damage. I know how it feels, when Rita came through we got the east side of the eye-wall. We went 18 days without power 7 I had to eat MRE's....again. Thought I was finished with those in 89. What part of St.Landry Parish are you in? I have family in Eunice.

Offline STUMPJMPR

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2008, 07:27:35 AM »
I hated the MRE's....Although it was food and beggers can't be choosers....We went 30 days without power after katrina...

Offline cajun

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2008, 09:42:04 AM »
I'm in the Arnaudville area.  Being without power doesn't bother me too much (kinda nice actually) but it is absolutely killing the Mrs....LOL