Author Topic: Survivor .308 bbl  (Read 401 times)

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Survivor .308 bbl
« on: September 10, 2008, 08:24:24 AM »
While I was recovering from the worst case of the flu i've ever had this weekend  :-X I decided, that since I couldn't get off the couch, I'd make the most of my time by scrubbing the bore of my new Survivor .308.  I noticed some marks in the bbl that looked like powder.  So I scubbed the bbl very good w/ some copper/bore solvent and then proceded to do the patch/oil treatment.  When I finished the bore, I looked from the chamber end and the marks on the bbl are still there.  Should I go ahead and lap the bbl w/ JB's to get rid of what i'm assuming are tool marks, or just go ahead w/ the break in??? 

Thanks in advance :)
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Survivor .308 bbl
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 10:45:45 AM »
Lapping with JB isn't going to hurt it at all if a rod guide and good rod are used, but it may help a lot in reducing break-in/range time. If the defects don't disappear and affect accuracy, I'd contact H&R and get it replaced. ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: Survivor .308 bbl
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 12:11:22 PM »
Thanks Tim, I'll go ahead and take it to the range, and test it first.  It may go away after a box or two of shells. :) 
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."