Author Topic: fastfire by burris  (Read 534 times)

Offline 454-hunter

• Trade Count: (0)
fastfire by burris
« on: June 18, 2008, 03:16:38 PM »
Have any of you tried the Fastfire red dot scope by Burris optics . I busted another scope this time on my 460TC after about 20 rounds at the range. SO I was looking at reddots I like them as My vision or lack there of is not what it used to be when I was 23 and a young snot nosed policeman  ready to take on the world. anywho I wrote burris and ask them about the recoil capabilites of there fastfire scopes they said and I quote" we have done a lot of testing and they will hold up and if they dont we have a one year warranty ."If anyone has had any experience with them let me know I am in need of a new scope and I dont want to get another dude . To be quite honest I am just tired of changing scopes and resighting them in . well any help would be appreciated  a reveiw perhaps.

stan

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: fastfire by burris
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 04:57:52 AM »
I have the FastFire on my AMT Automag ll and it has held zero very well. Now that is only a .22 Mag but mounted on the slide it gets some pretty violent slamming in both directions. I think they hold up well because, being so light (less than 2 ounces) there is little inertia and they have only the one lens to keep anchored. Adding the Fastfire cut my group size in half or better, compared to the iron sights, even though the AMT came with very good irons.
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Offline 454-hunter

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: fastfire by burris
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 02:14:03 PM »
sounds good coyote I already purchased it and it is hilding up shot a 1 1/4 inch group at fifty yrds with it just the other day . I have been shooting reloads through the gun  probably about 3/4 power so I am hoping it will hold up well.
454-hunter