Author Topic: New 20ga youth  (Read 482 times)

Offline John020769

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
New 20ga youth
« on: September 13, 2008, 07:51:40 AM »
Went and bought 10 yr. Son a New 20ga Youth at Walmart Ser.# NW20xxxx  found out it is a 06. We shoot it and I like alot for a small gun (might have to go next week and get Me 1). Frist youth Gun very light,handles great ,shot very good, pop cans filled with water at 30+ steps Son thougt that was the best, 22in Mod. barrel remington gameload 6 shot Son and I had alot of fun in the rain. Yes We took it down and cleaned it good ,for $117 out the door Son has the biggest Small I have ever seen ,Son said Dad this is better then playstation........... ;D John

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: New 20ga youth
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 09:21:44 AM »
Congratulations John! I bought my son a 1996 H&R Topper Jr. Classic NWTF (J.A.K.E.S.) 20 ga w/modified choke when he was 10 also. That is a good shooting gun, and has flatened a few Michigan and Missouri gobblers over the years. I bought my daughter a 1999 NEF .410 Pardner Youth when she was 10 too.

Good luck to you and your son with the new shotgun. And he is right, it is better than Playstation!

Pic of sons gun.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline John020769

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: New 20ga youth
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 03:49:34 AM »
Son,Me and his grandpa got to go hunting yesterday. Squirrel season opener Me and Son (Jesse) seen 7 He took only 1 shot at the frist 1 He seen and missed,(there not like still tragets Dad) never shot the rest of morning. Jesse said if I know I can`t kill it clean I `am not going to shoot Dad there is always tommrow. He is 10 and I was very happy about what He said.  ;D