Author Topic: availability of elites  (Read 905 times)

Offline bubba

• Trade Count: (62)
availability of elites
« on: October 27, 2008, 03:28:41 PM »
Does anyone know if the optima elites are hard to get?  MY local gun shop has been trying to get me a compact elite in 50 caliber.  One distributor told him it has been discontinued by the manufacturer.  I prefer the shorter stock and 50 caliber barrel. I fired off an email to Mark at cva to ask him, but was hoping someone here knew

Thanks guys
Bubba
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Ditchdigger

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (12)
Re: availability of elites
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 03:53:35 PM »
Buds gun shop might have one. I noticed that they had the Elites with the 45 70 barrel on sale for $248 delievered on there website. You might check Gunbroker also.  Digger
Rest in Peace Old Friend July 2017

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 04:50:22 PM »
CVA still lists it, buy the rifle as you can get it, and then buy the stock you want for it and sell the original stock.  ;) You should be able to order the compact stock from CVA, that's where I got my thumbhole stock.  ;)

Tim

http://www.rrarms.com/catalog.php?prod=PR2006T

http://www.cva.com/rifles-optelite-compact.html
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline bubba

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 12:39:29 AM »
yes I can do that but part of the reason I wanted the compact was the shorter (24 inch) muzzleloader barrel.  I hope Mark has good news when he gets back to me
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline notnodak

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 01:11:35 PM »
Where is the most inexpensive place to get a Elite Combo?

Offline bubba

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 03:57:30 PM »
I got a reply from Mark. The compact elite is still avsailable but in short supply right now.  I guess I will have to wait.  I sent him another email asking of the 24 inch 50 caliber barrel is available as an accessory barrel.  Waiting to hear back at this time. 

Molon Labe

Offline bubba

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2008, 02:51:48 PM »
I can purchase the 24 inch 50 cal barrel as an accessory barrel.  I am calling cva monday morning to order one. I guess I will have a 29 inch barrel up for grabs when the new one gets here.

Molon Labe

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2008, 03:04:56 PM »
I should think so, I bought my 300WinMag bull barrel direct from BPI, it cost more than anyone else that sells it for tho, but no one else had it for a long time, and then only a few were sold before it was discontinued. Got my t-hole stock direct from BPI too.  ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline bubba

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 12:53:57 AM »
yes I expect it to be a more from BPI directly.  But no one else seems to have the 24 inch barrel separwtely. They are all 29.  For a small frame teenager, that makes for a lot of gun to tote around.  But, it will still be cheaper than purchasing an entire gun just to get the barrel.  I will also recoup some of the money when I sell the great shooting 29 inch. 

Molon Labe