Author Topic: class 3 nef/h&r  (Read 855 times)

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
class 3 nef/h&r
« on: September 24, 2008, 05:32:47 AM »
  does  any one sell  a suppressed barrel like  the  ones for Luger 10-22??    or  seen a  one of??......also has any one registered  their  receiver as a short barreled foible/shotgun?   one  time  $200  fee  then  virtually  unlimited cartridge  and barrel lengths  to  play  with.    imagine  a 12  inch 500 s&w or  45-70 with a  red dot..what  a  brush or  night  thumper.   i  now  have  a  357 Rossi  17  in  barrel  threaded for my  9mm  can[use subsonic 38 spl]  red dot [call  it  the  possum poacher] ... i  think it  wold  be  better  with 10  in  barrel to  help  it  ballenc  better   but  don't  want  to  waste  the  & $2oo  Sbr  stamp  on  a Rossi........ also  i  thought  it  might  be  interesting  to  see  12 GA  mounted  under  an  AR-15    like  a  grenade launcher  [what  do  you  need  something  like  that  for  some  ask].......Tim
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline Bayou Stalker

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Avid Poster
Re: class 3 nef/h&r
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 07:52:49 AM »
My 45-70 could be classified as a class 3 weapon.  It will expend it's entire cartridge capacity with a single trigger pull...   ;D
Kendall

Offline jy951

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (60)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 11:17:45 AM »
i seriously thought about doing this with my encore.  you could use all the easy to find pistol barrels and rifle barrels.  however, i think i may move in the somewhat near future and it isn't allowed where i might be going.  if i was sure to stay, i think i'd do it.

Offline will36

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 04:46:16 PM »
On a sbr you have to list a caliber . I have 2 sbrs and 2 cans form1's and form4's all of them you have to list a caliber and barrel length.

I have a 308 H&R im putting a can on. A intergal can would be the single stamp ticket as long as it ended up with a 16.5" length.  You also CAN NOT have any "extra baffles or end caps. one extra will be considered another can and a unregistered nfa item. You list more than on caliber on a supressor it will throw up flags im sure.

Red Jacket fire arms can build you any caliber can/barrel you want. My can is all stainless and full auto rated. tested on a 300 win mag.  He is good  check out his website and watch the supresed 50 cal bolt acton. ;)    If you call ask for Will and tell them Will from arkansas told you to call.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 04:23:46 PM »
thanks  for  your  input  will......i  have   heard of  22L  conversions would  that  require  a  new stamp?  i  have  an  o/u 12GA  with 9  in  barrels   lots  of  fun  on  small fast game up close......shot  it  one  night at  a  turkey shoot.....total miss......i  have  seen   short barreled  Ar's  and  full  autos  too  switching  uppers  between  9mm  223  and  6.8 spc    i  guess  i  will  just  check  with  the  BATFE  and  if  i  can't change  the  caliber  i  won't mess  with  it.......any one  have  any  photos  of  sbr nef
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.

Offline will36

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 04:36:00 PM »
I think most of the Ars and H&K full autos had the sear part registered . The lightening link was a popular conversion for ARs.  I also could be wrong on the caliber listing.  I looked at my forms it doesnt say list only one.

I would call.  I bet the shotty is a real flamethrower! 

Offline jy951

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (60)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 04:46:36 AM »
The way i understand the sbr rules is that when you register and pay the $200, you need to list the caliber/calibers.  Then you have to stamp your name and caliber on the barrel or frame.  If you stamp it on the barrel, you have to keep the barrel in close proximity to the frame at all times.  Or you could stamp every caliber you could possibly want on the receiver and use whatever barrel you want as long as it's one stamped on the receiver. 

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 10:08:44 AM »
i  just  registered  my  frame  serial  numbers........the  stamp  is  like  a  $200  postage  stamp  on  the  transfer  document

Offline tykempster

• A Real Regular
  • I enjoy long range shooting and big guns.
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 12:29:17 PM »
Can you post pics of the O/U?
I pulled for a guy with a short little Beretta entry gun or something with a brake on it, and when he shot it made my cheeks jiggle.

Offline will36

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 01:16:25 PM »
i  just  registered  my  frame  serial  numbers........the  stamp  is  like  a  $200  postage  stamp  on  the  transfer  document

You forgot to add they are like  tatoos or lays chips you just cant stop with one. :)

I just got off the phone with my buddy he said give him a call  he is fixing to lay off guns and do a supressor run the  first couple of weeks of oct.