Author Topic: My wife hates you people . . .  (Read 801 times)

Offline Natty Bumppo

• Trade Count: (1)
My wife hates you people . . .
« on: September 26, 2008, 03:38:58 AM »
Bought a Buffalo Classic about 6 weeks ago.  Ordered a .38-55 barrel for it, but they're not making them any more, so I got a 7mm-08 instead.  Still wanted a .38-55 barrel but couldn't find one.  Ordered a Target Rifle in .38-55 yesterday.  My wife was not nearly as excited about it as I was.  Sigh.  War is hell.

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: My wife hates you people . . .
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 03:53:03 AM »
My wife hates you people . . .  lol... BUT WE LOVE HER!!!!!!    ;D

I'm sure she has a lot of shoes, or clothes, or crafts that she has bought and has nick-nacked away that you don't know about ;D    I know my wife does. :)

Enjoy the new bbl and the new gun!  Tell your wife what I tell mine... A gun is an investment!  Luckily she went to a gunshow where I made a decent profit on a gun and now she thinks that when I trade I always make money off it lol...  If she knew all the times that I lossed on a gun she'd kill me ;D.
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline kyelkhunter3006

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 07:43:48 AM »
My wife hates you people . . .  lol... BUT WE LOVE HER!!!!!!    ;D

I'm sure she has a lot of shoes, or clothes, or crafts that she has bought and has nick-nacked away that you don't know about ;D    I know my wife does. :)

Enjoy the new bbl and the new gun!  Tell your wife what I tell mine... A gun is an investment!  Luckily she went to a gunshow where I made a decent profit on a gun and now she thinks that when I trade I always make money off it lol...  If she knew all the times that I lossed on a gun she'd kill me ;D.

Hey dude, let's not put the secrets in print......something are best passed along in the old ways....father to son, buddy to buddy, no need for the women to find out, right?  Yeah....

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 07:54:52 AM »
Completely agree kyel!  I... was ... uh... just making up... uh ... that last statement... um... about gun...uh...trading... (shifty eyes)  Lol...  ;D
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline kyelkhunter3006

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 08:11:11 AM »
Yep, I ALWAYS come out ahead when I start trading around,  ;).  (Lord I wish!!)

Offline Datil

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 08:27:40 AM »

Just tell the wife the guns keep you from running around with other women.
 Best of Luck Marv.

Offline petemi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (73)
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 08:33:45 AM »
The really dangerous thing is my wife reads these posts from time to time.  I think she's checking up on me! :'(
Keep both eyes open and make the first shot good.
The growing Handi/Sportster/Pardner/Topper Family:  .22 WMR, .22-250. 223, Two Superlight 7mm-08s and one .243, .30-30,  .308, 32-20, 18 inch .356/.358 Win., Two 16.5 inch .357 Max., 18 inch 38-55 BC Carbine, 16.5 inch .445 Super Mag., .45LC, 16.5 and 22 inch .45-70s, .50 Huntsman SS, .410, 20 ga., 12 ga., 20 ga. Pardner Pump, Versa-Pack .410 - .22
[size=7.4 pt]PLEASE DONATE TO THE GBO SERVER FUND  We're closer to the goal but not there yet, we can still use more donations, thanks

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.msg1098959491.html#msg1098959491

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 09:07:17 AM »
only passing this along once !
when i first got married i hunted and fished most of the time ! spent what i could on both . wife did not care for it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well one day she was not in the best mood when i left to go hunt . she expressed such so most with in a mile could hear . well this lady next door came over , she was older and had lost her husban . she told the wife she was lucky - i hunted and did not run around etc. etc. !
ever since hunting , fishing or buying guns or tackle NO PROBLEM any more .

So find a woman you trust and get her to tell the same to your wife , it will be worth what ever she charges !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 10:00:27 AM »
Lol at all the comments  ;D  Good stuff!

Offline Troyboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Work more talk less
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 10:46:23 AM »
Buy your wife a gun and take her shooting.

Troy
.204 .22lr .22wm .25acp .223 5.56 .243 .25-06 6.5x55  .308  .300wbymag  7.5x54  7.62x25 7.62x39  338-06  9x19 .38spl  9x18 .45acp . 45-70 .500s&w 12rfl 12smb 20smb  .45lc 410smb .22hornet .280AI    Ask not what your country can do for you BUT what can YOU do for your country

Offline kyelkhunter3006

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 01:50:48 PM »
Mine doesn't want one, I've tried.  She has gone shooting with my before though.  BUT, she does buy me guns (every 5 or 6 years, LOL) so that I can shoot.  I can't complain about it.

Offline Lon371

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
  • Why Not a Handi?
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2008, 10:14:22 PM »
 When we first married 23 years ago, I was in the military. So needless to say guns were always around. I bought her a couple handguns. She got to where she could out shoot me with them.  Now days we(kids and i) hunt regularly. She will go on occasion. She will gladly pickup ammo and accessories for us. Yes I got reallll lucky.

Recently we took inventory, can you say DONT DO THAT!!. For now on I will take inventory ;). Since then when a gun purchase comes up in discussion, she ask which gun am I getting rid of :o. I usually try the excuse my boy(16 in Oct) needs or really wants it. That did work a couple times.

So for his birthday I was determined to pick up a Beretta .22 neon pistol for him. I took the chance last week, found a deal on one. Put it on layaway(they only had one) Yesterday she was heading in town shopping. She was in a good mood. I showed her what it was on the internet. Explained it was cheaper to shoot then a new cell phone ;D. She grinned and went to the gun store. She got there and found out here drivers license was not in her purse. After returning home and giving me her story, she then stated "I SEEN SEVERAL HANDGUNS WE MAY NEED TO LOOK AT" They stock a load of used guns (111 guns) and decent prices.  So can you say we have her back in the fold for now ;D.

For anyone trying to get their honey into shooting. Get a .22 auto pistol. or a small gripped 9mm. She started on these and loved shooting. Guess she has gone full circle, I am going to buy her another. Dang it, another gun coming home :)