Author Topic: HK 93 barrel removal  (Read 1244 times)

Offline oldsmokeyjeff

• Trade Count: (0)
HK 93 barrel removal
« on: October 22, 2008, 02:08:27 PM »
Recently a friend of mine loaded some sub sonic loads to shoot in his suppressed HK 93 and managed to get 2...yes 2..bullets stuck in the barrel.  I wasn't there but I believe he was very lucky not to get hurt.

He needs to get the barrel off and I was wondering how it is attached.  I realize it is pinned but wonder what else needs to be done or if he is better off sending it in.   Thanks

Offline Bugflipper

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: HK 93 barrel removal
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 12:40:46 PM »
The barrel is threaded as well. There's not really anything you can do better with the barrel off that I could think of though.
How about breaking it down and putting a bullet puller in from the receiver end. If you can get it threaded and worked out. The first one then could be tapped out the front.
 Personally If I couldn't get it within an hour or so, or without damage, I would take it to a good gunsmith.
 By the way the 93 barrels aren't as readily available as the 91, so it will cost a bit if the barrel is damaged.
Molon labe

Offline oldsmokeyjeff

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 02:56:19 PM »
Thanks very much and I forewarded him the info.

Offline phalanx

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 05:53:43 PM »
I have two of them and have had three others. Yes the barrel is threaded for head space , their is a small pin but it is only there for alignment ,then you have two sometimes four spot welds.
These welds need to be drilled out with a flat tip drill ,not a taper tip.
Unscrewing it you need to see if it is right hand or Left hand threads ,they used both.
Having a mill would be best ,a drill press just is hard to use unless you get over 500 bucks then you may as well buy a mill.
A mill is a must ,i use it more than i do a lathe.
Your new barrel will come as a blank so you can set your head space.
spot weld the old spots in the receiver then line up your site to drill and weld it.
Man you have a rifle some guys are getting 3500 or more for.
Do not attempt this on a drill press ,a mill has a large table and exact movement for your drills.
Let me save you that pain.
In this time i Command ,That you take the Secular to Jerusalem .
There you rid the Holy City of the Scourge of Islam , Make the streets run red with the Blood of those who wish to wash Israel and Christianity from the face of the Earth.
Constantine III