Author Topic: Pentax doesn't take up much space on this board?  (Read 842 times)

Offline TScottO

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
Pentax doesn't take up much space on this board?
« on: August 11, 2003, 04:02:49 PM »
Just curious here. From the rilfe scopes I own my Pentax lightseeker is my favorite. I read the board but don't post very often. I always wonderd why Pentax doesn't get much attention here?

The 4200, Conquest and Monarch seems to be everyones pick. Is there not enough bang for the buck with Pentax? What is everyones opinon on Pentax optics?

Just Curious.

Good luck and be safe,
Scott

Offline Zachary

• Trade Count: (0)
Pentax doesn't take up much space on this b
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2003, 05:03:33 PM »
I, for one, don't have much experience with the Pentax scopes.  Most of my scopes are Nikon Monarchs and Elite 4200s, although I own other brands too - like Leupold, Nightforce, Elite 3200, etc.  I don't currently own a Conquest, but you are right - many of our members do.

Maybe other members will post their experiences with Pentax. :grin:

Zachary

Offline Dave in WV

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2003, 03:44:01 AM »
I bought a Pentax Lightseeker 2X8 this past Feb. from SWFA. They had a nice sale and I saved $70. I also have a Burris Signature 1.5X6 and I like them equally. I believe Burris makes Pentax scopes and Pentax makes binoculars for both companies. I haven't had a chance to use the Pentax scope hunting yet. I bought the Pentax knowing they have a good reputation and I liked the field of view the model has. IMHO Nikon is stomping much of the competition with the price for really good quality. The Monarch line is as bright and clear as a Leupold to most folks I've talked to. My son has a 2X8 VariX III and a 3X9 Monarch and he thinks the Nikon is a better scope and the price difference is $150. I believe you'd see more Pentax scopes sold if they cost the same as a Burris Signature. I've read more raves about Pentax binoculars than scopes here and elsewhere. The Pentax scopes are really good, just not as competitive as other brands. I've shot my smallest group with the Pentax scope.  :grin:  Yeah, I'd buy it again. :wink: Dave
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
--Albert Einstein

Offline Zachary

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2003, 11:58:30 AM »
Wow...I didn't know that Burris actually assembled Pentax scopes.

Zachary

Offline TScottO

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2003, 04:07:46 PM »
My Pentax (3-9x43) is 5 or 6 years old and has been put through it's paces for sure. It's still just as clear as the day I bought it and I've never had to adjust it for zero since except when I changed ammow once. It's had many rounds of 7mm magnum through it. It's a rugged scope, no doubt.

Scott