Poll

If Obama wins. Do you think someone will try to assinate him?

Yes
No
Not sure.

Author Topic: If Obama wins. Do you think someone will try to assassinate him?  (Read 2244 times)

Offline .308 Win.

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
Re: If Obama wins. Do you think someone will try to assassinate him?
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2008, 05:28:14 PM »
I, like a lot of other folks have said, believe it is a very real possibility.  There are enough bigoted people in this country to attempt such a thing.  I sure enough don't want him in the White House any more than any of us gun-loving people so the best thing to do is vote to try and keep him out. 

I understand Sen. McCain wants to close the "gun show loophole" and anytime anyone wants to place more restrictions on us than we already have, that's a red flag for me.  I do believe Sen. McCain is the lesser of the evils, however.  I just think it's a crying shame that these two men are the best this country could come up with to choose from.  I don't believe either one will be a saving grace for this nation as politicians on both sides of the aisle are representative of corporate interests and not representatives of "We The People."   

My belief is that we should have a third party from which to choose and by that, I mean another with enough strength and backing that we don't feel we're just throwing our vote away.  The candidate approved of here, Ron Paul, would have been great had he not wanted to just pull our troops out and leave in defeat.  At least that was what I couldn't vote for him for. In listening to and reading books by Lou Dobbs, I think he would be a respectable candidate.  He's an Independent and one with enough clout to possibly get the job done.       

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2008, 05:40:00 PM »
I find the subject repugnant and pray that it doesn't happen.  But if it did this country would erupt in a race war, and that is even scarier.

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2008, 05:50:31 PM »
last time i checked we still had freedom of speech.  It would do no good for the gun owning community if anyone was dumb enough to assassinate obama. that would put "I WROTE THE ASSAULT WEAPON BAN"joe in the top slot followed by "I WANT THEM ALL, EVERY LAST ONE OFF THE STREETS" nancy If this thing goes democratic we are in trouble for generations to come as far as the 2nd amendment is concerned.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline Questor

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2008, 05:47:55 AM »
The strange thing about this question is its persistence. It's been floating around for a couple of years now. I wonder where it originated.
Safety first

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2008, 06:57:41 AM »
I think there is a good chance,
I have to agree with GB though, the ones that are capable of mounting
such an attack want him in.
As far a talking about it, what is wrong with that, i have heard it brought
up in several places, this not the only place.
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2008, 07:20:34 AM »
I find the subject repugnant and pray that it doesn't happen.  But if it did this country would erupt in a race war, and that is even scarier.

I find Obama repugnant at least if not far more so than the subject. He is a racist of the worst order and not even an American and I think if he were he'd quickly step forward and verify it. That he has been allowed to go this far without having to show proof as EVERY other person who's ever run had to tells me someone with great power out there wants him elected for some very dubious reasons. He's a muzlim and can lie about it all he wants but it will become very clear shortly after he goes in should he be elected and survive until inaguration.

Whether someone whomever that someone might be will try to do him in is pure speculation at best unless someone is in fact involved in a plot to do just that then they of course would know if an attempt will be made but they couldn't know the success of it.

I do not want him as President of this county and really could care less what it takes to prevent it. These days it would take a group with a lot of power to pull off such a thing and as I said I think those folks with that kinda pull are the ones wanting him in so my guess would be no. I will say that if it should happen I sure hope a gun is not used.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline lrs

• A Real Regular
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2008, 09:16:17 AM »
I voted yes.  The question was if it could happen, it was not worded if I wished it to happen.  I would have certainly voted no, if that were the case.  If BHO wins, he will do some damage.  But if this is who the majority of the people vote for, then that's it, period, end of story.  Ultimately I believe the American system works, though it sure seems to be strained at the moment.
I have already discussed this with my family members, and what to do if it were to occur.
Oh there would be massive racial riots, no doubt in my mind.  Pretty scary stuff.
My first priority would be to protect my family. 
I don't see anything wrong with this topic.  We live in crazy, stupid, and disgracefull times. 
I remember the libs making a movie, an entire movie, about President Bush being assasinated.
I don't remember anyone in the mainstream media being to upset about it.
I don't think he will be assassinated, he probably has enough sense to learn from JFK's blunders.  Don't stab in the back the people who got you elected.
" we are screwed "

Offline powderman

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2008, 09:34:26 AM »
GB. Agreed Sir. Osama has deeper pockets than anyone I've ever seen. Somebody wants him in real bad. Hezbolla, and the other Godless groups have endorsed him, uhhhhhhh, ya recon any of them got money??? POWDERMAN.  ??? ???
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2008, 11:24:19 AM »
Osama,sorry,Obama, was asked this very question several months ago. He replied that he wasn't going to worry about it. Was going on campaigning without making a big deal out of it. For this, I give the man credit. I don't agree with him, but this would be the last thing I would want to happen. I'm sure it would trigger race riots all across the country. EVEN, if it was committed by a person, of a minority. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline lrs

• A Real Regular
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2008, 06:48:21 AM »
Here's a scary thought.  What if the powers that be WANT a civil uprising.   ???
" we are screwed "

Offline gstewart44

• Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2008, 07:19:39 AM »
Hmmm Irs........now that gives something to ponder......BHO would be out of the picture and Joe "assault weapons ban" Biden would be acting as Commander in Chief over a country with civil uprising.    I am sure it would only be "common sense" to him to declare martial law and start disarming the populace.   Things just get curiouser and curiouser......
I'm just tryin' to keep everything in balance, Woodrow. You do more work than you got to, so it's my obligation to do less. (Gus McCrae)

Offline kevthebassman

• A Real Regular
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2008, 07:34:30 AM »
Nah, they want everyone going to work and paying their taxes so they can fund their social(ist) programs.

Offline lrs

• A Real Regular
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2008, 02:11:37 PM »

I find Obama repugnant at least if not far more so than the subject. He is a racist of the worst order and not even an American and I think if he were he'd quickly step forward and verify it. That he has been allowed to go this far without having to show proof as EVERY other person who's ever run had to tells me someone with great power out there wants him elected for some very dubious reasons. He's a muzlim and can lie about it all he wants but it will become very clear shortly after he goes in should he be elected and survive until inaguration.

Whether someone whomever that someone might be will try to do him in is pure speculation at best unless someone is in fact involved in a plot to do just that then they of course would know if an attempt will be made but they couldn't know the success of it.

I do not want him as President of this county and really could care less what it takes to prevent it. These days it would take a group with a lot of power to pull off such a thing and as I said I think those folks with that kinda pull are the ones wanting him in so my guess would be no. I will say that if it should happen I sure hope a gun is not used.

He's a mulim alright.  I started to smell a rat a long time ago.  Then bho's campaign recently appeared to be using legal tactics to prevent some campaign ads.  Those tactics sounded suspiciously like the intimidation tactics cair, [council on american islamic relations], uses.
I looked into this a little, and here is what I found.
There is a person named Philip Berg who is bho to provide is birth certificate.
bho's legal team filed a motion to dismiss. One of the Lawyers filing the motion was Joe Sandler, who was once a lawyer for cair.
This, of course, does not definitively prove bho is muzlim, but it does not pass the smell test in my little world.
" we are screwed "