Author Topic: I just love politicans, especially Bill Richardson.  (Read 378 times)

Offline oldandslow

• Trade Count: (0)
I just love politicans, especially Bill Richardson.
« on: October 14, 2008, 05:05:03 AM »
First let me say he isn't totally bad. He is staunchly pro second amendement. Even has a concealed carry permit. Of course it's because it will win him votes. Bill never utters a word that isn't meant to further Bill and to hell with anyone else.

The state of New Mexico literally lives and dies by the price of oil and natural gas. It contributes 60% of the general fund. New Mexico has been rolling in money because of the high price of oil and natural gas. Bill called a special session of the legislature a few weeks ago to spend a bunch of that money. Going to fix a lot of roads, do a lot of capital improvements, and give a big rebate to the taxpayers. After all we have too much money and the taxpayers should get some of it back. Fortunately, some of the members of the legislature, although the majority are democrats, had enough sense to look at the real world and cut his proposals by over half. To bad they didn't just meet and adjourn, which they had the right to do. Thank the Lord that the oldtimers who wrote the state constitution fixed it where we are a cash and carry state. No deficit spending like a lot of states and the federal government.

Now oil prices are in the tank relatively speaking and times are tough for the state of NM. The rebate checks are already going out. The news programs are already carrying stories about there won't be enough money and some state programs are going to be cut. Also there will have to be a tax increase.

I spent most of my working life in the oil field. If there is one rule in this world chiseled in stone, it is that the price of oil goes up and the price of oil goes down. The only ones who seem to realise this are the ones who work in the industry and not all of them do. A lot of them seem to think like the politicians who think when things are rosy they will just stay that way. I'm going to save my rebate to help pay my higher taxes next year.

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: I just love politicans, especially Bill Richardson.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 03:17:00 AM »
Not to let Richardson off the hook, but the bottom line is that the legislature did the deed.  All the Governor gets to do is advocate and sign his name. 
Swingem