Author Topic: "The Beagles are fired up"  (Read 615 times)

Offline Froghunter

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (36)
  • Contributor
  • .38 Special and .357 S&W Magnum Stuff
"The Beagles are fired up"
« on: October 23, 2008, 03:32:12 PM »
To all,

I have been getting the beagles in shape for this years rabbit season. We purchased the wife's hunting lic. last week and I got my free this year for the tours in Iraq (Thanks Delaware) The new life is going well, I driving a school bus and working part time in maintenance at the school. Next year the school will have three new buildings and will need a Facility Manager and things are looking good for me at that position. The wife's 20 ga.TDC  and my 20 ga. "Shorty" will come out for cleaning and inspecting. I'm pretty fired up myself about this years season and I will post the hunts. "Glad To Be Back With The H&R/NEF shotgun family"

Good Luck to all in their Hunting Season!

Froghunter

PS: Markus I will be sending you a PM this weekend and the dogs are doing allot better then last CHRISTmas. They know what a Delaware rabbit smells like. ;)
"Think Positive and Positive Things Will Happen"

"There's Only One Bore Size and That is .357....That's MHO"

Froghunter

Offline Foggy

• Trade Count: (40)
  • A Real Regular
  • If you die first we're going to split up your gear
Re: "The Beagles are fired up"
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 03:45:57 PM »
What part of Delaware are you in . I used to be stationed there way back in the 70's.. I remember the hunting was good there . I was an avid duck hunter then like to jump them on the creeks had a 20GA H&R  those were the days
Foggy
Walk softly carry a big stick and never walk away  T.R.

Offline JamesIII

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 02:19:59 AM »
Glad to see you back. Now that you and Mrs. Froghunter can settle down for good, you can enjoy the more relaxed lifestyle that you  both have earned. Let the Beagles run and the bunnies beware!  JamesIII

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 12:58:48 PM »
Yes, glad to see you back and hear that all is well.  I agree, you've earned it.  Thanks for all those years of service.

cookiemann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline plumberroy

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 04:21:01 AM »
I had Retta and C.J. out for a warm up a couple days ago. we run one rabbit  the dogs had a blast  ;D
Roy
Every breath I take as a Free man was paid for with the blood of an American Soldier

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 02:58:12 PM »
Good to see you back! We will have to get together this season. I've been so busy I haven't even gotten my license yet.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline jpshaw

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 06:36:11 AM »
You guys just be glad you have rabbits.  No one hunts them in Louisiana anymore.  The only ones I have seen in a year have been in town in a subdivision.  The coyotes have completely whipped them out here where you can hunt.

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 07:07:53 AM »
The coyotes haven't taken hold here yet. There is an occasional road kill found or stray spotted but I can't see them evading the redneck army that doesn't feel the need for an additional predator in these parts.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline jpshaw

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 09:48:15 AM »
The coyotes haven't taken hold here yet. There is an occasional road kill found or stray spotted but I can't see them evading the redneck army that doesn't feel the need for an additional predator in these parts.

I'll see if I can ship you some of ours.  We have enough to go around.

Offline d_hiker

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (69)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 05:34:16 AM »
Froghunter, Good to see you around.  It sounds like you have things lined up and they are working in your favor.  Take care and watch out for the little kids, they can be fast  ;)
"IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!"