Author Topic: Ted Nugent on economics and Sarah Palin  (Read 994 times)

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Ted Nugent on economics and Sarah Palin
« on: October 25, 2008, 03:42:12 PM »
The Nug' comments on economics and on Sarah Palin toward the end of the clip.

http://www.foxnews.com/video/?playerId=videolandingpage&referralObject=3161711 
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Troyboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Work more talk less
Re: Uncle Teddy on economics and Sarah Palin
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 04:01:19 PM »
Most of what he says is spot on, but he is a lunatic.

Troy
.204 .22lr .22wm .25acp .223 5.56 .243 .25-06 6.5x55  .308  .300wbymag  7.5x54  7.62x25 7.62x39  338-06  9x19 .38spl  9x18 .45acp . 45-70 .500s&w 12rfl 12smb 20smb  .45lc 410smb .22hornet .280AI    Ask not what your country can do for you BUT what can YOU do for your country

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 06:00:33 AM »
dead on again, uncle teddy.  lunatic isnt quite right, but he is surely full of himself.  and i cant really blame him for it.  if'n i had the list of accomplishmenets that he has,  i would most likely be even worst; as would everyone else.    we all have our personality flaws and charateristics, as does ted.   
   at times i find ted a bit hard to swallow.   if you listen to the guy, he is right on the money 98% of the time.   if he is a true lunatic, how would that be possible?  fact  is he is just a STRONG personality that is, at times, abrasive and hard to take.   but that doesnt change that he is spot on.   

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 06:07:42 AM »
I know first hand how annoying it is to see someone who seems crazy and out there to be right all the time!  He has a big head, but the thoughts in it are right on.  Hopefully he will be right again, and if elected Palin will be able to make a difference for the better.

Heather
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 12:04:33 PM »
I know first hand how annoying it is to see someone who seems crazy and out there to be right all the time!
Heather
that sounds alot like a wife talking about her husband...or perhaps i should say....something my wife would say about me!

Offline Explorer1

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 01:06:30 PM »
Uncle Ted sounds like a lunny only because he can!  His financial status is very sound, he is doing what he likes, and he is no longer worried about life.  So he can step on any toes he desires!

Many of us think he is right 90% of the time, just he has the freedom to say so and the media coverage to be known.

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 01:18:43 PM »
Because a guy that says out loud what we all believe Is a lunatic? Stay in the closet puss!

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 01:22:50 PM »
90% right in my book is a whole lot better than 51%/46% w a =/- of 6%

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 01:57:08 PM »
Now why don't Ted and Sarah get on a ticket together. Heck would make for interesting press conferences.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline CannonKrazy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2008, 04:25:42 PM »
You know, he is right about a few things. We all need to get back to the basics and soon. As he said most everyone lives beyond their means. Most everyone wants a nice home, nice cars, nice cloths. The problem with that is most people can't afford all of it. The only way to prosper now will be to cut cost, be self reliant, reduce expenses and live a less extraordinary life style.

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2008, 05:47:16 PM »
Rock on Teddy ;)

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Ted Nugent on economics and Sarah Palin
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2008, 03:12:07 AM »
I intensely dislike Nugent. Kinda turns my stomach to see or hear him. He might be as clean and drug free as he claims to be and then again he might not I dunno and won't argue it either way. His excuse for music is to my ears grossly obnoxious. Back when I still got the hunting channels on TV I'd turn it to another any time he was about to come on.

Just seeing the subject line of Uncle Teddy made me ill so I changed it. I doubt he is anyone's uncle and he sure enough ain't mine. I won't be opening this thread again so don't bother commenting to me here about it. I won't see it.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Skunk

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2008, 04:27:31 AM »
I intensely dislike Nugent. His excuse for music is to my ears grossly obnoxious.
Graybeard, you saying you never pegged the volume switch and got down with some "Cat Scratch Fever" and "Stranglehold?"  :D
Mike

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" - Frank Loesser

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2008, 05:15:07 AM »
I intensely dislike Nugent. His excuse for music is to my ears grossly obnoxious.
Graybeard, you saying you never pegged the volume switch and got down with some "Cat Scratch Fever" and "Stranglehold?"  :D

;D
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline yooper77

• Trade Count: (33)
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2008, 05:25:08 AM »
I agree Ted is a lot to take in at times.  He has enough money and media coverage to get his words out.

I did see that he was a draft dodger.
http://www.newshounds.us/2007/08/26/proof_ted_nugent_is_a_draft_dodger_will_hannity_keep_defending_him.php

Whom ever safeguards my firearms is who I will be voting for, plus I don't want a terrorist in the White House.

yooper77

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2008, 05:38:18 AM »
I have a problem with a website that claims "We watch Fox news so you don't have to."

Kinda insinuates that people that read that website are too lazy to watch TV and decide for themselves...

I'd vote for Ted over McCain... I still have my reservations about Sarah Palin, but I'll take her over Biden and Obama any day...
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2008, 06:03:28 AM »
I intensely dislike Nugent. Kinda turns my stomach to see or hear him. He might be as clean and drug free as he claims to be and then again he might not I dunno and won't argue it either way. His excuse for music is to my ears grossly obnoxious. Back when I still got the hunting channels on TV I'd turn it to another any time he was about to come on.

Just seeing the subject line of Uncle Teddy made me ill so I changed it. I doubt he is anyone's uncle and he sure enough ain't mine. I won't be opening this thread again so don't bother commenting to me here about it. I won't see it.
  I agree I turn him off every time.

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2008, 02:30:30 AM »
Ted is Ted and we complain when we are critisized for being ourownselves--even GB.
You can't like everbody all the time or sometimes, at all.
What does that have too do with the truth??!!
He is correct and I saw this house of cards 50 years ago. We are living on borrowed times. Dig a hole and bury your heads if you wish---we are way overdue for a fiscal cleaning and it is going too hurt.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD