Author Topic: any reason not to use early voting?  (Read 534 times)

Offline bluebayou

• Trade Count: (0)
any reason not to use early voting?
« on: October 29, 2008, 03:33:26 PM »
We are allowed to do early voting here in Texas this week.  I think that it was from 10-21 to 10-31.  Is there any reason NOT to do it? 

It seems that the media is projecting the outcome for the election based on early voters which really turns me off.  I don't want a media blackout, but it is similar to how the West coast suffers because of early election returns. 

If Obama is predicted winner based on early voting then it might turn people off of voting. 

My personal opinion would be that there are more Obama voters that are voting early than the more conservative types who will vote on Election Day because "that is the way to do it".  My father in law and I don't agree on when to vote.

My wife and I have been making jokes such as the classic, "vote early, vote often".

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
Re: any reason not to use early voting?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 04:14:20 PM »
you  may;

loose  your wallet,no id
get called  into  work
get  into  a  wreck
have   other  falily  emergency
ect  ect

with  the  millions  of   votes  it  may  come  down  to   a  lost  wallet  that  could  have  voted  early
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 07:59:45 PM »
I sent my absentee ballot off in the mail with my voting selections on the 17th of Oct.  I will not be anywhere nere a voting booth on election day.  At least I got the chance to vote.
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 01:00:12 AM »
I'm pretty consertative and I always vote as soon as early voting starts. I always have my mind made up on the candidates long before election day. None of that making up my mind at the last minute. It saves standing in line too. Walk in and sign your name, fill out your ballot, put it in the machine, and leave. Usually takes about ten minutes. It also keep an unforseen emergency fror making you miss voting on election day.

Offline slim rem 7

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 01:54:56 AM »
 this is where small employers can swing votes .. one of my sons works for the other.. since hes an liberal id fully expect my conservative son to be called out of town to work on election day..love my oldest but unless hes changed ,not.. the end justifies the means,for anything..
 not how he was brought up but hes got some powerful influences in his life now..biggest misconception ,,since what im doing makes me rich.. it must be right..what you gonna say ..hes gotta live his whole life to find out whats wrong with that reasoning..mabe

Offline woodchukhntr

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (108)
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 03:54:22 AM »
As far as I am concerned, election day is election day!  Unless there is a very good reason that you can't vote on that day; you are out of state, out of country, you will be dead, maybe some others, you should not be able to cast an early vote!

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 10:57:05 AM »
Got a question on this.
If your State uses electronic voting only, do you get a paper ballot if you want to vote early or do you get to fiddle with one of these machines early? If the latter, how is this information stored, I presume these early results are not counted until after the elction date, that sounds risky to me and leaves even more room for messin' with the numbers.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline bluebayou

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 04:24:49 PM »
This was a portable electronic machine.  There was one person to oversee, one to check my ID/look up my name on the roll, one to watch over the polling machines, and one to give me a "secret code" to the polling machine.