Author Topic: Left handiness needs to be declared a disability!  (Read 1686 times)

Offline guzzijohn

• Trade Count: (0)
Left handiness needs to be declared a disability!
« on: April 11, 2008, 03:47:50 AM »
If being left handed was identified as a disability than ADA laws would require manufactures to produce more left handed models, plus the same in many other products. Come on people, write your congressman!!!
signed,
Another poor disabled lefty

Offline Bubber

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Left handiness needs to be declared a disability!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 07:49:17 AM »
My 70 year old great uncle use to tell me that all people are born left handed, they only turn right handed after they commit their first sin. There were some other saying like that as well that spoke of superiority.

I use to think he was full of shart, then I got older and realized how wise he truly was.

Offline Doug B.

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Contributor
  • Still A Kid At Heart - 1971 Honda CT70H
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 03:32:50 AM »
Everybody was born right handed.....It's just us fortunate few that have learned to overcome it!

There are MANY things designed specifically for right handers however.
"Be A Good Listener. Your Ears Will Never Get You In Trouble"

Cadott/Chippewa Falls, WI

Offline deserthunter

• 31" Muley - Dad shot in NE Utah many years ago.
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 07:12:21 AM »
God made a few perfect people, the rest were Right-handed

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 08:43:46 PM »
a buddy of mine says they broke his uncle's arm when he was a kid to stop him from being left handed! I'm guessing that was back in the 1930's or 40's.  Shocking to me! Kinda wish my dad had let me keep shooting left handed when I first started as I think my left eye as well as hand is dominant.  Now at 54 I'm too lazy to change.  But I've been viewing some defensive handgun shooting tapes and when I try the techniques I find my eyes fighting over which will view the sights.
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA

Offline kodiakemt

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 08:30:25 AM »
I was born left handed, but my first grade teacher was of the old school way of thinking, that lefties were evil people and switched me. Granted my kids, and wife would agree with the evil part, but still. My dad never tried to to change things when he taught me to shoot. Just handed me his Win 75 and said use your left hand. My son is a lefty so he can just share my stuff. If I can never get my duaghter into shooting then I might have a problem once she's ready for something bigger then my Marlin 60, LOL.

Offline toysoldier

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 03:06:44 PM »
Forcing a lefty to be right-handed can caue a lot of problems, including speech impediment. Queen Elizabeth II's father, George the ?, had this problem. Some teachers were still "correcting" children 25 years ago.