Author Topic: tracker vs USH  (Read 449 times)

Offline eod20

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
  • stinker
tracker vs USH
« on: November 04, 2008, 05:26:07 PM »
i need some help with information on the tracker and USH    has anyone noticed an advantage of one over the other for accuracy    i want to get a 20ga rifled barrel but which one?   
looking for ejectors - 308, 8mm, 35 rem, 25-20, 32-20, 357 mag, 45LC

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: tracker vs USH
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 06:07:07 PM »
Since the Tracker II has iron sights only and the USH has a scope mount, the potential for better accuracy should go to the USH IMO.  ;) I think if I was buying a slug gun, I'd go with the 20ga Ultra Light Slug Hunter, it's about 3lbs lighter than the USH and comes with a scope rail instead of sights like the Tracker II, of course I have old eyes, someone with young eyes may not think the same way!! :D 

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline JamesIII

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Avid Poster
Re: tracker vs USH
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 12:57:31 AM »
I would expect the heavier barrel to be the most accurate. Now, with that said I own both the Tracker II and USH in 20 GA. They have different purposes, the Tracker II is used in very thick cover where a 50 yrd shot will be long and carrying the gun is difficult. The USH is used in open fields where shots may be 150 yds. and I will probably be stand hunting. As for accuracy, the USH with a scope will naturally be more accurate than open sights. Also, the USH has considerably less recoil due to it's weight. My experience is both are as accurate as I am given the sighting choices. JamesIII