Author Topic: leupold euro scope  (Read 475 times)

Offline 45north

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
leupold euro scope
« on: November 02, 2008, 09:24:54 PM »
I just bought a leupold 2x7x33 euro model with the 30 mm tube. Are there any advantages to this scope over the none 30mm tube 2x7x33. Like more field of view or more light gathering ect. Very bright scope reguardless.
 I think I will mount it on my 35 whelen or one of my 338's it should be good for most of my hunting conditions.

Thanks for any responces
45north

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: leupold euro scope
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 12:51:50 AM »
Calling a 2-7x33 scope a Euro just cuz it has a 30mm tube seems rather odd to me. The "European" scope is generally epitomized by the 30mm tube and a honking huge objective along with generally much more maximum magnification.

All that aside the primary advantage to a 30mm tube is a wider range of adjustment in both horizontal and vertical planes not any perceived increase in light transmission. Using only a 33mm objective would negate any possible added benefit in light transmission anyway.

Do you REALLY need more range of adjustment than the standard 2-7x33 offers? Enough so to pay that extra money for it? I doubt it and on a 2-7 you don't really have enough magnification to take advantage of it at the longer distances at which more range of adjustment is normally required.

To me the idea of such a scope is rather silly and is mostly designed to take more money out of the pockets of folks who really do not understand optics and how to properly select what is best for their actual use.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!