Author Topic: AR 16 Magazines!  (Read 696 times)

Offline 44 Man

• Trade Count: (28)
AR 16 Magazines!
« on: November 06, 2008, 09:42:58 AM »
Have you seen what has happened since Tuesday?  Everyplace you check is sold out of magazines.  Some places are taking orders for backorders and several have raised their prices 20%!  Who says capitalism doesn't work!  Glad I got mine.  The only ones I didn't buy were some five round mags legal for hunting in Michigan.  And of course, I can still buy those after Obama is inaugurated.  44 Man.
You are never too old to have a happy childhood!

Offline John R.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: AR 16 Magazines!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 12:29:06 PM »
Yeah I know what you mean, every where I looked was backordered. I've got plenty, but was going to get some more just because.

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 01:43:52 PM »
well, if I had an AR or other such weapons of that type... which I don't... I would think that I had learned my lesson with the AWB and have gotten all the AR, AK and FAL magazines I would think I would ever need... which, of course I didn't since I wouldn't own one of those type weapons in the first place...  :P
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline 44 Man

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 06:41:43 PM »
AtlLaw, I never saw a need for an AR15 either, but I always thought one would be fun.  When I thought Obama had a chance, I decided if I ever wanted one, I'd better do it now so I did!  I don't see how I can lose any money if it turns out that I really don't like it.  I didn't go magazine crazy either.  I thought about what I really might use and bought 6, 20 round mags for the 5.56 and I bought a couple of the same size 6.8 spc mags as I would really like an upper in that caliber someday.  I will block a couple of 20's to 5 rounds so they are legal for hunting.  I will need a couple of 5's for the 6.8 someday also but as I said, I can still buy those later.  I got SS for long term durability.  Some people said buy the aluminum ones and if you have a problem, just throw the offending mag away.  That may be fine if you have 30 mags, but when you only have 6, I want them to last!  44 Man

Offline blackwolfe

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 09:24:46 AM »
I have no need for those kind of guns either.  I'm have sold or selling mine off so I don't get stuck with contraband when the band goes into effect.  At least the ones I didn't lose in the boating accident.
wolfe

Offline rzwieg

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 09:46:02 AM »
Mine are sold too.  ;)

Offline 44 Man

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 08:59:04 PM »
Boating accident!    :o  :D   ;D 

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 03:10:04 AM »
damn shame.  the demand is so high that criminals are stepping up to the plate.  all mine were stole out of my truck a few weeks back.   :'(   i was gonna git rid of them anyhow, i guess they read my mind and helped me out.  ah well. 
   lots of people been having bad luck lately.  crying shame. 

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 03:51:45 AM »
DPMS had them back in stock again.  Who knows for how long though.

*Just checked their website, and they are out of stock again.  Thank goodness I didn't order any while they had them.  They did raise their price to $12 a mag, and I still think that's a bargain if they function perfectly.