Author Topic: Ron Paul Commentary: GOP should ask why U.S. is on the wrong track  (Read 2188 times)

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
Re: Ron Paul Commentary: GOP should ask why U.S. is on the wrong track
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2008, 04:59:18 PM »
With so many that voted Obama or Mc Cain. Is like 95% of Americans wrong?

hmm lets see ob won by 7 to 8 percent and according to you only 5% did not vote for ob or jm which I think the real number is more like 3% but anyway THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL THAT RP CAUSED ob TO WIN... Now that we have that out of the way I trust you will never bring it up again...

Matt I guess you misunderstood my post. For one Mc Cain lost this election with one of the poorest campaigns ever. What I am saying is around 95% did not vote third party whatever their party that may be. Does this mean only a few in this country are smart enough to vote?

Nope did not misunderstand at all as I really ignored the jest of what your one liner was about to use your own words to debunk one of your claims... if 95% of the people voted for A & B and only 5% voted for C,D,E and F and if  B lost by more than 5% then even had B gotten all the votes from C,D,E,and F added to B votes then B would have still lost thus making it an asskicking not just a loss.

So with that point made their should be no more need for you to say that the RP'ers and a like gave ob the win...

now as to your question about 95% being wrong... just those who voted for ob and those that thought jm was the best man for the job...
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline wareagleguy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2008, 05:08:13 PM »
Yep, when the GOP went to Ron Paul and asked if he would pay along he told them to kiss his ass.  McCain walked the line and did what he was told and he came from behind and won primary.  Yes, the GOP really messed up by not going Ron Paul.

You guys remember when Bush made his tax break to the top 5 percent McSame came out and said Bush was only looking out for the rich and sticking it to the common man?  I saw it but funny that he changed his tune and said he would keep the tax breaks.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2008, 12:59:57 AM »

The GOP is why Obama won.

Yes,
voting strait party and voting the lesser of two evils.  That is why I DID NOT VOTE!  I choose NOT TO VOTE for the lesser of two evils.

You have no right to get on here and talk smack about why Obama won the election.
You didn't even bother to get off your a$$ and vote.
How many other guys like you just sat at home and watched it happen??
I was pissed at first that so many people voted 3rd party but the truth is it wouldn't have changed things...Obama still would have won.
YOU AND OTHERS LIKE YOU on the other hand, could have done something about it.
The right to a free election is one of the greatest things in the world and you just chose to SIT IT OUT.
YOU AND EVERYONE LIKE YOU that didn't vote are the reason Obama won.
IF AND WHEN THEY COME LOOKING FOR YOUR GUNS...
LOOK AT YOURSELF IN THE MIRROR AND YOU'LL SEE WHO'S TO BLAME.

Spanky

Where are you getting all this stuff?  This is starting to sound like crazy talk to me.  I said in another post is that we should take the high road on this and work with government in making sure we have a voice.  You will not get a voice going off with talk like this.  Yes, vote too.

And you are a hypocrite.

Spanky

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2008, 01:03:31 AM »
Careful Spanky you'll get cursed at, called vulgar names, and receive threatening PMs.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Fazak

• Contributor
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2008, 03:44:23 AM »
I was hoping we wouldn't hear from him anymore.

Until the GOP regains its principals and its base, you're either going to be hearing from Ron Paul or an endless string of Democrat Presidents.

Offline wareagleguy

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2008, 04:51:28 AM »
Swamp,
I hope you are not saying I have ever called you names or sent threaten PMs.  I never did that.  I have called you out on topics where I thought you were wrong.  I have no problem with anyone calling me out either.  That is called debate. 

Spanky,
You may have some point in my not voting.  It was, however, not a issue with me not voting because I didn't care.  I am tried of voting for the lessor of two evils.  Never again.  For the fist time I did not vote.  No one will point the finger at me and say "you voted for him".  I knew my vot for Paul would be a waste of time. 

The fact is the party (GOP) has turned and I will no longer support a party that will not support me.  The party went with another Bush boy (McCain) and was going to do the same BS.  Well not this time from me.  Good day.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Offline magooch

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2008, 05:24:28 AM »
Let me see if I understand the rules here.  Everyone else here is allowed an opinion, but Swampman isn't.  Swampman isn't responsible for Osama getting elected and I agree with him that RP never had a chance of getting nominated, let alone elected. 

Now that's just the facts and it's too bad.  Personally, I would love to have a President Ron Paul, but I'm realist enough to know that that just isn't going to happen and all the wishing isn't going to make it happen.

Swampman is a patriot with some strong beliefs.  I respect him for that, just as I respect President Bush for doing what he thought best for this country.  I think we should hold our venom for the real scurge that is about to be inflicted on this country.
Swingem

Offline kevthebassman

• A Real Regular
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2008, 07:40:23 AM »
Swampman is a patriot with some strong beliefs.
No, Swampman is a man with strong beliefs that he THINKS are patriotic.  There's nothing patriotic about allowing this country to be RAPED by corporations and BLED DRY in foreign wars.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2008, 08:50:56 AM »
RAPED by corporations and BLED DRY in foreign wars.

Lies repeated by the liberal media, until folks thought they were the truth.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline indiancreek235

• put em to roost at night put em to sleep in the mo
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2008, 09:03:56 AM »
Careful Spanky you'll get cursed at, called vulgar names, and receive threatening PMs.
That ain't no joke Brother. A lot of weight gets thrown around that one.
It's tuff out here in the LBC (lower butler county)                          Put em to roost at night and put em to sleep in the morning!

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2008, 10:07:56 AM »
RAPED by corporations and BLED DRY in foreign wars.

Lies repeated by the liberal media, until folks thought they were the truth.

Again you show your stupidity.... so you are trying to say that the economy is in good shape?... Middle class America is in the crapper and big corporations are showing record profits and paying ceo's record amounts of money for bonuses... Hmm yeah all lies that is really not happening... everything is just peachy here in the Good ole US of A....

Let me see if I understand the rules here.  Everyone else here is allowed an opinion, but Swampman isn't.  Swampman isn't responsible for Osama getting elected and I agree with him that RP never had a chance of getting nominated, let alone elected. 

Yeah pretty much... Well he can have them but I will call him out on them because I don't like him and would just as soon he not be here but have not found the justification to ban him yet...
Personally, I would love to have a President Ron Paul, but I'm realist enough to know that that just isn't going to happen and all the wishing isn't going to make it happen.
Oh so you don't agree that RP is BAD for AMERICA then you don't agree with swampy...

Swampman is a patriot with some strong beliefs.  I respect him for that, just as I respect President Bush for doing what he thought best for this country.  I think we should hold our venom for the real scurge that is about to be inflicted on this country.

First Swampy may be a parasite but not a patriot... look up the word... Strong beliefs sure but I could have a strong belief that there is a pot of gold at the end of every rainbow but that does not make it true...

As to holding our venom... nah.. I have plenty to go around and lots of animosity as well...

Now for all you folks that don't like the way swampy is being treated... oh well... and after all he is still allowed to post...
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline powderman

« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2008, 11:54:51 AM »

Now that's just the facts and it's too bad.  Personally, I would love to have a President Ron Paul, but I'm realist enough to know that that just isn't going to happen and all the wishing isn't going to make it happen.

YEP. Agreed Sir. POWDERMAN.  ??? ???
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm