Poll

Would you vote for me?

Yes
12 (44.4%)
No
15 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: What am I and would you have voted for me?  (Read 1719 times)

Offline WylieKy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
What am I and would you have voted for me?
« on: November 11, 2008, 01:03:12 PM »
OK.  I'm going to list out my values on most "button" items.  I'm going to list generalities and if you like I'll flesh them out. Where do you think my "loyalties" lie and would you ever consider voting for me?

1. Abortion=Murder.  I believe a woman has the right to do what ever she wants with her body. However, the child in her womb is not part of her body and can be proved genetically.  No one has the right to murder another even if it inconveniences them.

2.  Gun Control=Stupidity.  It is not (or was not) the current regime you have to fear when you allow any right to be taken away, it is the one down the road.  The only protection from a despot is our ability to commint guerrilla warfare when and if necessary.  We would never be able to win heads up, but any resilient home grown force can eventually beat even the most highly trained and equipped military over time(See US/Iraq 2003-2008 and USSR/Afghanistan 1978-1988.)

3.  Foreign Policy=Walk Softly and Carry a Big F...Stick.  The USA has no obligation to police the rest of the world.  Each people must raise up and conquer their own dictator and bleed for their own flag.  Freedom given and not earned has a very short life.  Freedom in general spoils quickly and the blood of patriots is the best preservative known.  Consider it tough love, teaching a man to fish, etc....  However, if US interests are threatened you bring the hammer.

4. Border Policy=Good Walls Make Good Neighbors.  Step 1:  Secure our borders to the extent that it is reasonably possible. Step 2:  Kick out all illegals.  Step 3:  Set up a value based immigration so that only those who have value or fill a need in our country are accepted.

5. Drugs=Who Cares? Really...who cares? As long as no one else is being harmed it should be each individuals choice how to treat their body.  However miscreants, thieves, and thugs should be dealt with in a quick, brutal fashion.  Punish the crime, not the high.
This that I do, I do by my own free will.

Offline -Shaggy-

• A Real Regular
Re: What am I and would you have voted for me?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 01:06:54 PM »
#3. Define "US interests".

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 01:19:47 PM »
Seems to me I heard Mister Obama say these exact same words, if you can sort out what he is saying you're a better man than me, but I didn't pay too much attention because he is a Democrat so I could tell he was lying , his lips were moving.

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 01:28:57 PM »
How does one do drugs without hurting someone else?  Money is spent on drugs instead of providing for his family.  Getting high is not conducive to good parenting, so we are left with babysitters and their philosphy.  Can anyone ensure that when they take drugs to get high that no one will be harmed so that makes it OK.?
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline whelen36

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 05:23:09 PM »
people who do drugs and get high do hurt others , when they get addicted and then don't have enough money to pay for those drugs and resort to stealing , mugging , breaking and entering , and to some extremes ... murder  . a crack head can't think straight when he's high or when he's crashing and can and usually will do anything he can to get what his body so badly needs in order to feel good .
that 11-pointer was too perty to let you have it - ( dale earnhardt )

Offline LaOtto222

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 12:31:24 AM »
You make some good points, but I just cannot agree with #5 and not real sure about #3. We are in Afghanistan because they were harboring an enemy of the United States and would not give him up. We are in Iran because of suspected terror threats, weapons of "mass destruction", and their leader was kicking out UN inspectors to make sure they were following the agreement they signed after Desert Storm. As it turned out - I think we were wrong for going in (poor intelligence), but we did take down a murdering dictator and once we were in, to back off too soon will waste all of the lives we lost to get here and another dictator would raise to power and do the same thing that was done before, just a different face. In most cases there are good reasons for going in some where. There is US interests involved or a treaty we signed saying we will protect some one if they get invaded. I can not think of a single case where we went in some where with out just cause - even Vietnam (shudder). I do agree if we go in, we need to do it in a big way, no pussy footing like the Vietnam debacle. They should have went right in to Hanoi and took the city over and their Government; a real war not a "policing action". Just my opinion. 
Great men have vision and resolve to make dreams come true.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 02:12:12 AM »
Psssst....we are winning big time in Iraq.  If we will stay the course we will win.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline WylieKy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 03:14:44 AM »
#3. Define "US interests".

Embassies and US citizens.

How does one do drugs without hurting someone else?  Money is spent on drugs instead of providing for his family.  Getting high is not conducive to good parenting, so we are left with babysitters and their philosophy.  Can anyone ensure that when they take drugs to get high that no one will be harmed so that makes it OK.?

How does one drink a beer with out hurting someone else? (BTW, I do not use drugs because I work some government contracts and get randomly drug tested.) Using and abusing are two totally different things.  There are some drugs (Crack, Heroine, Meth) that are almost impossible to use without abusing.  However, marijuana, cocaine, acid, and XTC are successfully used recreationally on a MASSIVE scale.  The only people who benefit form their being illegal are the thugs.

We are in Afghanistan because they were harboring an enemy of the United States

I can not think of a single case where we went in some where with out just cause

I did not mention Afghanistan from the point of the US.  Only Russia as an example of a successful guerrilla war. Going in and staying in are two different things.  I think that almost everywhere we went in, it was just.  However, history has shown that it is impossible to be a "benevolent occupying force" with a people who are a different race, religion, and language from you.

Psssst....we are winning big time in Iraq.  If we will stay the course we will win.

Iraq has been one of the most overwhelming tactical victories in the history of war, but one of the biggest strategic debacles ever.  We will never win, because there is no common ground and no common enemy.  The longer we stay in, the more their common peoples view of us will shift to the negative.  The only exception I can think of is S. Korea, but there was a common enemy (N. Korea/China) there.

Offline Empty Quiver

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 06:27:50 AM »
The way the Iraqis are responding to U. S. troops is what has the gun grabbers in a rage. If a military like ours is having this amount of trouble with a population the size of Iraq, then what is it going to take to put down the citizens of this country.  I agree with most of what you are espousing, the devil is of course in the details. I agree %100 with 5 there is no reason to imprison a person who chooses to waste his life on drugs, so long as he isn't a drain on me through criminal acts. I find this individual no more harmful than the I WILL NOT WORK YOU, OWE ME crowd and we throw away plenty of cash on this group. In my opinion the drugs they choose should be given away free with their food stamps. Much cheaper than a Coast Guard Cutter chasing dope smugglers and the rest of the chain that goes clear to a prison cell. It has got to be cheaper to house someone outside of the penile system than inside a prison.

The freedom to prosper is the same as the freedom to fail.
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2008, 07:23:40 AM »
5. Drugs=Who Cares? Really...who cares? As long as no one else is being harmed it should be each individuals choice how to treat their body.  However miscreants, thieves, and thugs should be dealt with in a quick, brutal fashion.  Punish the crime, not the high
=================================================================

didn't expect  to hear  that  here
a  government  with  the  right  to  tell a fool what drugs he can take
certainly can tell  you what  guns  you can  shoot

legalize drug  and  the dealers  are out  of  work
and  the addicts  will  die  much  quicker
end  of problem
freedom  isn't free

the  fact  that  they  can't even  stop  drugs  proves a good point
gun laws  won't work  any better  than drug laws
they will either make defenceless or  an  outlaw
the same forces  that  take  the drugs  will  come  for  you  guns  SOMEDAY
FREEDOM  ISN'T FREE
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2008, 03:34:39 PM »
a pro-gun  candidate  can't even  get  elected  running  unoposed  her  on GBO

NOW  WE  KNOW HOW  OBAMA WON
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2008, 03:41:37 PM »
I think drugs should be legalized and TAXED very high and we would not have a national debt.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2008, 03:55:20 PM »
I have a feeling in the future, lots of things are going to be "legal", but taxed beyong the common mans means.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2008, 03:59:49 PM »
ALCOHOL  is  one of  the worst drugs  you  can  take

it  is  the  most violence  inducing drugs

it  is  one of  governments  biggest  money makers

you  don't  see  turf  wars  between Coors  and  miller

it  has  helped  me  seduce several  women too

i  have  seen alcohol   and other drugs  destroy the  lives  of  many   that were  close  to  me  so  don't tell  me  about  how  bad  drugs  are,i  know,  

just  how  did  the prohibition  go, how  many  died  from  enforcement  and  associated crime

and until  you have  a friend  killed  by  an  under cover  cop  just  to  prove  he  wasn't a  cop
you  ANTI-DRUG  people  will  never  know  how ignorant  you sound  to me

sorry  i  got  so  excited  touchy subject to  me

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
    • mymartialartsplus.com
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2008, 04:23:35 PM »
Wylie I pretty much agree with you although in my opinion there is A LOT more to it than that.  There are issues futher up on my list that I would want to know to get my vote, but so far so good.  I have to say I was surprised by the negative reaction to #5.  I'm no advocate for legalizing drugs, but it makes sense.

In my opinion people who want to do drugs are going to use wether they are legal or not. I think if drugs were legal it would  be more good for our country than bad.  It would free up space in the jails and make law enforcement employees available to go after rough criminals; murders, rapist, and pedophiles. 

If drugs weren't a crime there would be no such thing as drug wars, and it would practically eliminate drug criminals. It would help our economy by providing new jobs and the inevitable sales tax would increase revenue.

I also think the drug addicts would be more likely to die off before they can reproduce.  :o  Mainly I think it is flat out wrong for the government to have any say so as to what someone puts into his/her own body.  I personally think drugs are stupid, but I will defend my right to do them til the end!

Heather
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008, 04:22:54 AM »
Would I vote for you based only on the small amount of info given? No not really.

I do not believe we are winning in Iraq as I do not believe there is anything to be won there. We deposed Saddam. We should have then left. It is not our business to establish democracy in other countries much less countries which really do not want it. Hell we're moving at a rapid pace to remove it in the US.

I see Iraq as one thing and one thing only. It is a training ground for those in power to figure out how to do the same here to US citizens. They realize the dangers inherent in trying it here and need to perfect their tactics there before bringing it home to America.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2008, 04:37:20 AM »
good  point  and a scary thought

the  war  on drugs has been a good training ground  too

it  has   also  got  us accustomed  to  the government  kicking   in doors
deploying swat teams,flagging bank accounts,incarcerating  people  for their own  good

the  same tacktics  used by DEA  will be  used against  us  or  our kids  to enforce  complience
of    gun  laws

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2008, 06:08:19 AM »
you lost my vote with #5
 See how certain countries deal with drug or drug smugglers. You only do it once !!
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline slim rem 7

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2008, 06:30:14 AM »
  the drug thing .. believe it or not i partially aggree..
 not the hard drugs no way.. but ive seen alcohol destroy way more peoples families than mary jane..[pot] mostly all ive noticed was a p---
poor attitude by workers ,when i was trying to get something done..
 do i use it ..no,i would if it worked on my arthritus ,,but it don t..
 still i wish the folks i know that use it ,,could get it at the abc store..
 make some revenue on it, instead of spending so much to stop it..
 gateway drug .. not if you didn t have to contact the criminal element to get it..they put you on the other stuff.im kinda outa my element here so i ll hush.. :)

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2008, 07:56:24 AM »
you lost my vote with #5
 See how certain countries deal with drug or drug smugglers. You only do it once !!

Yeah and see how others make them legal and have almost none of the problems related to them
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2008, 09:46:33 AM »
the drug thing .. believe it or not i partially aggree..
 not the hard drugs no way.. but ive seen alcohol destroy way more peoples families than mary jane..[pot] mostly all ive noticed was a p---
================================

alcohol is a hard drug

drinkers that condemn other drugs  are  hippicrites

i don't seek to impose my will on others...just  my oponion

and   i always vote freedom first

Offline WylieKy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2008, 10:22:12 AM »
Would I vote for you based only on the small amount of info given? No not really.

I do not believe we are winning in Iraq as I do not believe there is anything to be won there. We deposed Saddam. We should have then left. It is not our business to establish democracy in other countries much less countries which really do not want it. Hell we're moving at a rapid pace to remove it in the US.

I see Iraq as one thing and one thing only. It is a training ground for those in power to figure out how to do the same here to US citizens. They realize the dangers inherent in trying it here and need to perfect their tactics there before bringing it home to America.

GB,
I agree with you 100%.  Get in, make our presence know and achieve whatever our imminent objectives are, then get out.

you lost my vote with #5

Amsterdam was recently rated the 13th most livable city in the world.  It was previously MUCH higher but citywide roadway construction has droped it in the ratings.  All drugs are "illegal" in Amsterdam, but are noncriminal.  Kind of like getting a traffic ticket, and there are certain areas where even those are waived.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2008, 12:27:19 PM »
Who did the rating?
I prefer not to live in a large city in the firt place, and god forbid if I had to, not in one were possible a large percentage of people walk around under the influence of drugs.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline Mike Britton

• Contributor
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2008, 12:49:27 PM »
Seems to me I heard Mister Obama say these exact same words, if you can sort out what he is saying you're a better man than me, but I didn't pay too much attention because he is a Democrat so I could tell he was lying , his lips were moving.
Yessir!!
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"   George Orwell
Life member NRA, Life member TSRA
Crabby conservative old fart

Offline Mike Britton

• Contributor
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2008, 12:51:35 PM »
How does one do drugs without hurting someone else?  Money is spent on drugs instead of providing for his family.  Getting high is not conducive to good parenting, so we are left with babysitters and their philosphy.  Can anyone ensure that when they take drugs to get high that no one will be harmed so that makes it OK.?
Ask my grandkids, whose mother is in jail for meth, if doing drugs is a victimless crime.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"   George Orwell
Life member NRA, Life member TSRA
Crabby conservative old fart

Offline WylieKy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2008, 01:10:02 PM »
Ask my grandkids, whose mother is in jail for meth, if doing drugs is a victimless crime.

And if she wan't in jail for meth?  Meth is also one of the examples that I used that is almost impossible for people to use and not be used.  It is probably the worst drug out there.

Who did the rating?
I prefer not to live in a large city in the firt place, and god forbid if I had to, not in one were possible a large percentage of people walk around under the influence of drugs.

To answer the question of who rated it:
http://bwnt.businessweek.com/interactive_reports/livable_cities_worldwide/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_murder_rate

USA: 5.7 murders per 100,000, Netherlands: .97 murders per 100,000.

As far as decriminalization increasing the use of drugs.
http://www.ucsc.edu/currents/03-04/05-03/drug_study.html

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2008, 02:43:58 PM »
The results of this study shift the burden of proof now to those who would arrest hundreds of thousands of Americans each year on the grounds that it deters use,” said Reinarman.

====================================================

the last paragraph from that link