Author Topic: Knight TK2000 Shotgun  (Read 858 times)

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
Knight TK2000 Shotgun
« on: October 14, 2008, 02:52:41 AM »
Does anyone have one?  How do you like it?
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline rimfire

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
Re: Knight TK2000 Shotgun
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 05:51:53 AM »
Killed my best turkey ever with it a few years ago.  Shoots better than any cartridge gun I ever tried until the Hevi-Shot stuff came out.  I really enjoyed hunting with mine for 4 years, but I have not used it now since the 2005 season.  I may sell it if you are interested.  I just ordered a new breech plug and mechanism for it as I lost it in my last move.  Gun is like new and I have a bunch of Knight shot, wads, etc. with it.  It is sighted in for 45 yards with the fiber optic sights. 

Turkey had 1 3/4" spurs and the DEC said it was at least 5 years old...likely older.  Cool!

Mine is the full camo version.

It showed 100% consistent killing patterns at 50 yards with #5 shot.  That thing is amazing.  I have never killed a turkey that far away...or even tried...but this thing could do it!  I believe the load was 2.5 ounces of #5 over 120 grains of Pyrodex, but it has been several years.
Be honest with yourself.  Can you guarantee you would hit a paper plate at 250 yards...100 yards...50 yards?  Then you have no business replacing the plate with a live animal.

Offline deadrabbit

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Knight TK2000 Shotgun
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 03:11:58 PM »
I like mine but have only shot clay pigeons so far, and targets.  It handles real easy and balances well.  Nice sights.

They come with an extra full screw in choke.  I called the factory about other chokes and got I think an Improved cylinder (or cylinder bore?), but had a hard time finding the modified choke but got one on ebay a few years ago.  The factory told me the other chokes were poor sellers cuz it is mainly used for turkey.

I talked to an avid goose hunter at Cabelas who swears by his for goose. He Said it held a tighter pattern and reached further than a 10 guage smokeless but I can't verify that.