Author Topic: Cheaper Than Dirt....Bad Business! I hope nobody is falling for their schemes..  (Read 673 times)

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
Cheaper Than Dirt just sent me a catalog today. It listed the Wolf Ammo at $3.98 per 20.  There website lists $9.99.  I called and they said they had a price increase since the catalog was printed.  Yesterday, their price was $5.19...I hope nobody is doing business with these folks.

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
Kind of like when I drive 20 miles to get a tool listed in a sale flier and when I get to the store first thing in on the morning of the sale, why they didn't have one, couldn't back order it either.   ACE HARDWARE 

Offline Troyboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Work more talk less
Their prices are outa line anyway, as far as i'm concerned
.204 .22lr .22wm .25acp .223 5.56 .243 .25-06 6.5x55  .308  .300wbymag  7.5x54  7.62x25 7.62x39  338-06  9x19 .38spl  9x18 .45acp . 45-70 .500s&w 12rfl 12smb 20smb  .45lc 410smb .22hornet .280AI    Ask not what your country can do for you BUT what can YOU do for your country

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • mymartialartsplus.com
Bad customer relations is no longer something most businesses care about anymore.  There are enough people out here that don't pay that much attention to bad business schemes, so they blindly buy anyway.  We get the product and the business gets the bucks!  If people will open their eyes and see that WE HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE EVERYTHING WE ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT, THEN AND ONLY THEN WILL WE SEE POSITIVE CHANGE!!!!!  WE CAN PUT BAD BUSINESSES OUT OF BUSINESS BY NOT BUYING THEIR PRODUCTS!  Yes, it's that simple and that hard at the same time.  Not shopping there is the easy part, but convincing the sheeple to do the same is almost impossible!

Heather
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
CTD is owned by Potterfield same as MidwayUSA. They too have some shady practices at times but they also have bargains at times. I don't much care for their handling fee on all orders as if handling merchadise isn't a necessary part of selling it. Still some times on some things both are the place to get it.

I hate their websites as they are slow as molasses.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Skunk

• Trade Count: (2)
CTD is owned by Potterfield same as MidwayUSA. I hate their websites as they are slow as molasses.

I stopped buying from MidwayUSA a few years ago because I was just plain sick and tired of watching the hour glass cursor spin as I waited for a page to load on their website. They have recently fixed it up a little better now, so I buy some of the good deals from them again.
Mike

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" - Frank Loesser

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
The thing that bothers me the most is they never intended to sell this ammo at that price to start with.  They state that their website has the correct prices; it hasn't been listed that cheap for months.   How can a product increase 75% on most items before the ink dries?  It's an old bait and switch tactic.  You see the cheap price in the magazine then you call....The operator gives you the ridiculous price and most people will just pay it...I hope when things settle down, people will realize what this company is doing and it goes out of business.

Offline jcn59

• Trade Count: (37)
Heather - I preached the same sermon on the S & W klinton-hole.  Nobody cares enough to present a united front.   They want it now, now, now...........I guess it's the nature of sheeple.

What ever happened to the people who stood up to the British owned S&W company and stopped buying until they were forced to sell for 10cents on the dollar?  Gone to graveyards everyone.....(but me).
Vote them all out, EVERY election!

Does anyone remember the scene from "Quigley Down Under" showing the aborigines lined up on the skyline as far as you could see?   That needs to be US!
NRA Life Member

Offline Totenkopf

• Avid Poster
 I was ordering 4 magpul plastic mags from them before this recent craze hit. Shipping was $22. Anytime I order online I look for % off  or free shipping coupons. What I found was a whole lot of forums complaining about $9 shipping on tiny parts that could be shipped with a stamp. So I just ordered somewhere else.
U.S. Army Retired
1st SFOD-D
Fort Bragg, NC

John 10:10

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Offline LaOtto222

• GBO Supporter
Back in September I ordered 1000 LC '06 virgin brass from Cheaper than Dirt. I was watching it. I think it was originally listed at $99/500 with out shipping. Then I got a catalog with it listed it at $80/500. So I ordered some. The price was $175 including shipping. I did not think it was a bad price for virgin brass - it was cheaper than either Winchester or Remington brass and is of better quality. The last catalog I got they listed the same brass at $149 for 500 and that did not include shipping. :o Talk about charging what the market will bear. >:( You have to watch 'em.
Great men have vision and resolve to make dreams come true.