Author Topic: Lite Ladder stand  (Read 927 times)

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Lite Ladder stand
« on: September 02, 2003, 05:13:05 PM »
A light weight folding ladder stand that is truly portable?

You are joking right ken?

Nope I've sure never seen one of those. I did see one of those articulated ladders that can be used in different configurations touted for use as a stand once but that's hardly the same.

In my experience ladder stands are heavy, hard to carry and extremely noisy to get to where you are going. Not to be used as a portable but to be placed and left for use time and time again in same place.

Sorry I can't help.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
Lite Ladder stand
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2003, 05:53:39 AM »
Post it here Ken so we can all see. That's a shore nuff unusual stand if you've found one that light. Others might be interested also.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
Lite Ladder stand
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2003, 04:30:38 PM »
Thanks Ken. Even at 21 pounds that photo below sure makes it look like it is gonna be as noisy as other ladder stands to take into the woods and put up.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline TScottO

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
Lite Ladder stand
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2003, 05:41:14 PM »
For portable tree climbing gear I prefer treegaffs. A lot of people are oppsoed to them for safety reasons or they either don't like them because they scar the trees. If you take your time and learn to use them properly they work well. The lanyard isn't very noisy if you take your time when climbing. If you ever do use these make sure you use tree lenght gaffs and not pole climbing gaffs.

If I'm not using gaffs I prefer a good quality climbing stand. I think the take down ladders are noisy and cumbersom.

This reply may generate some negative response but they work well for me.

Does anyone else use tree gaffs? To be honest I feel more secure to the tree using them for climbing as opposed to ladders. I've come closer to slipping off of wet or frozen over ladder rungs than I ever have using climbing gaffs. Once you gaff the tree you are there.

Just a thought.

Good luck and be safe,
Scott

Offline TScottO

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
Lite Ladder stand
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2003, 01:42:32 PM »
Hey Ken,

I do believe you are correct about the use of treegaffs in reserves. I haven't been hunting Louisiana very long and I'm not really up to snuff on all of the regulations of public land. I'm hunting on a private lease that's made up of a few timber companys. One of the timber companies doesn't allow the use of gaffs but the other two don't care. However if I were hunting a particular location I wouldn't use gaffs in the same tree over and over. I'd place a lean-to stand or something of that nature.

Good luck and be safe,
Scott

Offline hellbilly75

• Trade Count: (0)
Lite Ladder stand
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2003, 05:51:20 PM »
I bought a tree lounge two years ago.  Now I can't stay awake!  lol
My venison is never tuff, I contenderize it!

Offline Raging480

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Lite Ladder stand
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2003, 06:49:33 PM »
I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my API Packmaster.  It is a telescoping ladder stick with a seat and platform at the top.  24 lbs. 17 ft. up.  Only time will tell...
Praise the Lord, and pass the ammunition!