Author Topic: AR Mags $9.99 in stock  (Read 1263 times)

Offline Old Syko

• Trade Count: (1)
AR Mags $9.99 in stock
« on: November 25, 2008, 04:57:56 AM »
The last of these I got had either magpul or magpul clone followers and work great.  I still contend we shouldn't pay over $10ea. for mags. ;D 

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...eitemid=219593

Offline Totenkopf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: AR Mags $9.99 in stock
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 11:31:27 AM »
Dadgummit OS I was trying not to spend any more money till after the new year with Christmas coming up.

Thanks for the link, much appreciated. I also found a fore end removal tool that was a couple bucks off ended up being $12. So now no more pinched fingers on the delta ring.

Many Thanks
U.S. Army Retired
1st SFOD-D
Fort Bragg, NC

John 10:10

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Offline Old Syko

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 01:04:10 PM »
I also found a fore end removal tool that was a couple bucks off ended up being $12. So now no more pinched fingers on the delta ring.

I wish I'd seen the tool also.  You wouldn't believe the blood blister I put on my right thumb last night. ::)  Too late to add though since I ordered around 11:00 this morning and my stuff shipped this afternoon.  I was so tickled with the find I never looked any farther.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 01:43:30 PM »
The link didn't lead to any magazine or for that matter any other item only to the Midway site. Got a more complete link? What brand are they?

I'm kinda new at this but from what I've read so far brand matters a lot with some cheaper ones not being dependable enough to risk your life on in a self defense situation. They might be OK for plinking but not for a serious encounter.

I've not bought a single one under $10 and darn few under $15 but do believe the ones I've picked up can be depended on in a SHTF situation.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Old Syko

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 02:39:11 PM »
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=219593

Try this.  They are AR-Stoner mags. 

I have yet to pay over $10 for a mag and I won't since I have all I will ever need.  I did order some of these just because I could.  Yes there are some out there that are poor to junk but price doesn't determine that fact.  I don't own a mag I wouldn't bet my life on as all I own get cycled through regularly, but if you feel better spending more money feel free. 

Offline CannonKrazy

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 06:21:15 PM »
This site is like most other sites.It says "on back order". These mags are getting hard to find. I have talked to a few people that have AR rifles and all agree that you would be better off buying name brand mags. Many of the after market are not as rigid and are very flexable.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 06:25:44 PM »
Yup they are out of stock but taking back orders. I ordered some Glock mags from them on back order the other day.

Are the Stoner mags considered good ones? I've not see any brand that cheap lately.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Old Syko

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 01:05:34 AM »
Early bird gets the worm. ;D  My order was placed at 11:00 A.M. Monday and I received shipping confirmation late Monday evening.  They actually lasted longer at these prices than I figured considering the volume purchases most have been making.  I know of one dealer who placed a huge order just to resell.

Like I said before.  The last of these mags I bought came with either Magpul or clone followers and were excellent mags.  These are to have no-tilt followers that I will assume are possibly clones.  I'll let you know in a couple days what they actually are when they get here.

If price determined quality all the USGI mags I bought for $3 ea. would have to be thrown out and the P-Mags I was given for free would have to be considered pure junk.  There are some such as International, AC Manufacturing and others that aren't even functional and must be discarded.  I use a lot of D&H, DSC, NHMTG and others that I paid a lot less than $10 for that have functioned flawlessly for thousands of rounds.

A lot of the hysteria about good and bad mags is the same as the difference between Ford, Chevy, and Dodge or 1911s and Glocks.  Everyone has an opinion and should go with what they believe in.  Personally I like inespensive and functional.

BTW I actually prefer 20 round mags to 30 rounders even though I use mostly 30s but that's another subject alltogether. ;D

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 10:49:43 AM »
They're already sold out, go figure.  I already have a couple mags, and don't feel like I need anymore for me. 

How many magazines is enough for you all?  While overseas we had seven 30 round mags.  Six of them in the pouches and one in the rifle.  How many mags do you think you need here in the US?

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2008, 01:15:28 PM »
How many? Dunno 50 or 60 might be enough. Over there ya had a bunch of other folks so equipped who had your back. Here when SHTF ya might be on your own.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline Old Syko

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 01:19:34 PM »
They're already sold out, go figure.  I already have a couple mags, and don't feel like I need anymore for me. 

How many magazines is enough for you all?  While overseas we had seven 30 round mags.  Six of them in the pouches and one in the rifle.  How many mags do you think you need here in the US?

I need enough to last me, my kids, my grandkids, and so on a life time when you consider pending legislation.  After all if you were in the military you understand mags are an expendable item don't you?

Offline CannonKrazy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2008, 06:20:58 PM »
Finding mags at a reasonable price is getting to be very difficult now. I have called,cussed, fussed and begged several shops for mags with no luck. All of these shops I have bought merchandise from many times this year and none of them will give me a reasonable price.All shops are wanting between 25 and 35 dollars for a 30 round mag. This is way to much. If any of you guys find a deal on a volume buy and want to share the expense I would be happy to go in with you.PM me and I will definitely get back with you the same day.Better yet if you leave a phone number I will give you a call.

Offline Old Syko

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2008, 01:58:30 AM »
CannonKrazy, as GB pointed out Midway is accepting backorders at this price.  Their instock expectation date is listed as 12-7.

One thing that chaps my wagon is finding out from a local supplier that his cost has only risen 50 cents per mag in the last 6 months yet he has raised his price $6.

Offline CannonKrazy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2008, 04:54:45 AM »
Old Syko you are correct about the mark up. When I first started looking at different AR rifles the price on most mags were in the 10 to 15 dollar range. Now two months later those same mags are still sitting on the same shelf in the same store with a much higher price tag on them. I believe in paying for what I get but this is ridiculous.

Offline Default

• Classified -- Banned
  • Trade Count: (13)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2008, 12:03:11 AM »
  Ok boys ,

http://www.44mag.com/prodinfo.asp?number=DH20G    D&H 20 rounders   $12 & change

http://www.44mag.com/prodinfo.asp?number=CPS20BB   C product 20 rounders Stainless steel $13 & change

Well i guess i ordered those mags from DPMS at the right damn time cause they are telling everyone that goes to their site that just consider everything backordered and we will send it as it becomes available ....Got a few D&H 30's from them a week ago for $12 a piece and they are listing them for 19.95 now 20s and 30s ..... :-\
  heres the link to them nonetheless
   http://www.dpmsinc.com/store/?cat=1507             

I'll say good luck hunting and leave it at that guys..

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free." ~Ronald Reagan

THE QUICKEST WAY TO ENSLAVE A PEOPLE IS TO DISARM THEM ~ George Mason

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2008, 03:16:22 AM »
Something that I have found odd in this whole magazine & rifle buying frenzy is that the 100 round Beta mags haven't had their prices go up.  I guess people don't even consider one for $260 even though the reviews say it's an incredibly reliable magazine.  I think it's be neat to try one out, but I don't want to drop $260 on one either. 

Offline Default

• Classified -- Banned
  • Trade Count: (13)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2008, 01:27:34 AM »
  Well Teddy my logic is that of simplisity when it comes to mags ...That logic says to me how many 30 and 20 rounders would that same $260 buy and the next question is ,Would you want to hump a 100 round monster mag around on your hip loaded ? Would you want to dive for the earth with said monster on your hip, The hip your about to land on ?
 And last but not least ,If you find yourself in so dire a situation with so many adversaries that it warrants the need for 100 constant rounds of fire !! do you think you really have much chance of going home after those rounds are shot through ??

I buy the 30s and 20s based on that logic ... I surely would fill for someone that made the choice to buy a 100 or 90 and then only think they needed a couple extra 30s...Cause Murphy's Law is just waiting for that poor soul.....  heh
 But Cool ? yeah they definatley are   ;)

good luck with the mag quest boys,

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free." ~Ronald Reagan

THE QUICKEST WAY TO ENSLAVE A PEOPLE IS TO DISARM THEM ~ George Mason

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2008, 04:12:36 AM »
Yup they are out of stock but taking back orders. I ordered some Glock mags from them on back order the other day.

Are the Stoner mags considered good ones? I've not see any brand that cheap lately.
g.b..... me and a buddy bought a bunch of the ar stoner mags w/ magpul followers this spring for $10.   these magazines dont say they are magpul followers, but i would have to assume that they are.   they are better magazines than the ones the military issues.   between him and i we bought 30 of them, and not a one was bad.   in fact, all the magazines that i have left over from the military are going to have magpul followers installed on them; because i like them so much.  i would venture to say that 95% of magazine related failure to feed problems could be eliminated with magpul followers.   if you can get these mags for 10 a piece, do not hesitate. 

Offline Old Syko

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2008, 11:51:18 AM »
If you're satisfied with C-Products mags you'ld be a fool to dislike the AR-Stoners.  Hit the link and scroll down to C-Products entry.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=408612

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2008, 12:19:19 PM »
I'm glad I finally got confirmation on my question of whether these are good or not. I have 20 on back order now. I did hesitate some to be sure someone familiar with them verified them to be good mags.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2008, 02:18:05 AM »
there excellent mags bill. you wont find better for the money.
blue lives matter

Offline jsoukup

• Avid Poster
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2008, 05:11:53 AM »
I ordered up some 20rnd AR Stoner from Midway, got them in the mail over the weekend. I think they are better than the 30rnd D&H mags I bought a month ago. The D&H are still pretty good though. I got them from 44mag.com for $9.99 before the election. Maybe I just need to wait and order the magpul followers for everything after this madness dies down.

I've got 20rnd P-mags on backorder at Brownells, but I'm sure it will be a while before I see those. I have a bunch of 30's, but I want a good supply of 20's just because they're shorter and lighter to carry for hunting.