Author Topic: Hi guys. SB1 F10(Pardner Turkey 12 gauge) question.  (Read 1307 times)

Offline buzzkiller

• Trade Count: (0)
Hi guys. SB1 F10(Pardner Turkey 12 gauge) question.
« on: November 07, 2008, 05:30:25 PM »
I was wondering if the front bead sight is a press in or screw in. I see where guys have replaced these with TruGlo sights and I would like to do the same. Also, any suggestions as far as mods for the gun would be appreciated. Thanks.

Offline plumberroy

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
Re: Hi guys. SB1 F10(Pardner Turkey 12 gauge) question.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 03:01:12 AM »
They screw in 3-56 thread if I remember correctly
Roy
Every breath I take as a Free man was paid for with the blood of an American Soldier

Offline sachel.45

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 07:12:26 AM »
a slip on recoil pad or a limbsaver (or similar) would be the first one. recoil with the 3" magnums will get your attention i also added the storarm forearm (the one on the survivor) to mine just cause i perfer that forarm i think it carries better when its slung. great shotgun by the way. by the way when i added a new sight to mine it made mine shoot to a diffrent point of impact so i changed it back to the bead so if you do replace it shoot some targets to see if it shoots diffrent
common sense is slowly becoming uncommon

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 07:29:30 AM »
I change to the TruGlo beads on all my shotguns.  I like the green, it shows up well in low light. 
by the way when i added a new sight to mine it made mine shoot to a diffrent point of impact so i changed it back to the bead so if you do replace it shoot some targets to see if it shoots diffrent
I laid the gun on the dining table under the 240 watts of light.  I kept moving around the table till I got that sheen line to line up straight down the center of the top of the barrel.  Then I kept tweekin the TruGlo till I got it as centered as possible.  Kind of a goofy way to line up the new bead, but it worked and my POI was the same as before.
a slip on recoil pad or a limbsaver (or similar) would be the first one.
I put a Limbsaver on my Tracker I 12ga...it really made a difference.  Felt recoil is even less than my 20ga Tracker I with a standard factory recoil pad.  THEY WORK

cookiemann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline buzzkiller

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 01:53:59 PM »
Thanks guys. I appreciate your input. I will be sure to do the things you mentioned.

Offline d_hiker

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (69)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 11:16:00 AM »
Did you find one of the Tru-glo front sights?  If not, PM me your address and I'll send you one.  I found it on the clearance rack at Wal-Mart.  It has several different screw sizes.  It is a HIVIZ Spark II Sight, similar to this one with the green pipe.

http://www.hivizsights.com/Shotgun-Spark-II-Front-Bead---Red-or-Green-P40C1.aspx

"IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!"

Offline buzzkiller

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 02:46:22 PM »
I found one shortly after I received the replies about the sights. Very kind of you to offer d_hiker. I appreciate it.