Author Topic: NEED HELP FINDING SCREWS  (Read 1074 times)

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
NEED HELP FINDING SCREWS
« on: November 07, 2008, 11:58:36 PM »
Before I take down the 94, the beater, I want too find replacement screws & pins for the parts in the receiver and barrel I am removing.
I am a big fan of Murphy and believe that if I don't have just one replacement screw that will be the one I booger up or is deteriorated.
Got any thoughts on WHO makes these screws these days.
I am not having much luck with the usual suspects--Brownells, Midway, etc.
Blessings 
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
Re: NEED HELP FINDING SCREWS
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 01:33:05 AM »
http://www.wisnersinc.com/otherparts_sources.htm

I saw some pre-64 parts here. 
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 10:22:00 AM »
I wondered if those might work on my 1971 beater and really can't see why not but my lack of long gun experience made me ask the question.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Keith L

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 11:12:58 AM »
You better check to make sure.  On one of these forums a couple of months ago I remember a thread about getting pre 64 screws that didn't work on a post 64 or the other way around.  With the shipping it was high priced hardware, and it didn't work.  I wish I could be of more help than that.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."  Benjamin Franklin

Offline 1marty

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 12:17:22 PM »
I know you said the usual suspects but did you try Numrich. I had an old Win. model 77 I needed a spring and some screws for and they had it

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 01:54:52 PM »
I think one of the problems is terminology.
Some may be describing the part with different words.
I will contact, by phone, this week and check it against the list I have compiled.
Numerich is on the list and I am beginning too believe that we are speaking different languages.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Rangr44

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 08:27:06 AM »
Tony Galazan (Conn Shotgun Co) makes & sells a Pre-64 Winchester 94 screw kit.
It's also available through Midway:

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showpage?saleitemid=446782&utm_source=bizrate&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=645

There's a Place for All God's Creatures - Right Next to the Potatoes & Gravy ! !

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 12:43:19 AM »
Rangr
Yes you are correct and I have ordered this set. I will all also order some parts from Wisners.
This may turn out too be a double order, as I suspect, but I think I will get most of the parts I need. Who knows, I may find that I don't need any. I am damned if I don't and damned if I do. ;)
This language thing has me a bit confused, doan you see.
One part that I am sure I want, and I can't seem too find and that is a mag spring. I can't imagine the shape that 50 year old one is in.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline jimster

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 12:36:38 PM »
It appears as if Wolff makes magazine springs for the 94....here is one at Midwayusa

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=400671&t=11082005

Hope this helps. 

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 05:42:01 AM »
Thanks jimster
I was a bit concerned as that is the one part i could not locate.
I am not going to order it yet but I can't imagine, well maybe I can, how detoriated that spring may be.
I talked too Wisners and was told their parts were for pre 64's. I tried too ask if the action parts might work but the lady didn't appear too want too discuss it. I can't imagine that some may be the same.
Oh well.
Blessings 
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline jimster

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 02:32:40 PM »
It seems to be a chore just to find out which parts/screws are different in the post 64 ones....
Here is a place that might have some parts in stock you need for post 64 model 94's....I think your right, some screws are the same and a couple are different, but maybe between this place, and then ordering the pre 64 parts from Midway, you might get what you need. 
Seems I read the tang screw, and maybe the carrier screws were different...beats me...it's real hard to do a search on the info.

http://www.e-gunparts.com/productschem.asp?chrMasterModel=0950z94%20POST%2064%20TOP%20EJECT%20STANDARD

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 11:03:27 PM »
Again, thanks.
I am not so afraid of being confused---that could be good or bad--With all of you helping I think I can get it if I need it.
Heck, it may be that this thing will disasemble like a dream and all pins and screws will be OK.
Then there is Murphy. :)
Got some stuff from Brownells last night.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2008, 11:22:10 PM »
Found out today that the parts from Galazan are BO. 60/90 wait.
OH WELL!
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Rangr44

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2008, 02:51:38 AM »
I wouldn't be too concerned, if you're handy enough to disassemble/reassemble the rifle easily.  They're just not very complicated in design.

I once was bench testing a .375 Big Bore, that suddenly developed a very hard, grating trigger pull.

It turned out that one of the solid trigger pins had kinked, and was no longer perfectly straight - now exhibiting a sort of "dogleg" shape.
My guess is that it wasn't of sufficient hardness, and so replaced it with the shank of an appropriately-sized drill bit (ground to length), that lasted for the ten more years before I sold it to move up to a .356BB94.

There's a Place for All God's Creatures - Right Next to the Potatoes & Gravy ! !