Author Topic: Best AK-47 Magazines 7.62x39  (Read 1044 times)

Offline miked

• Trade Count: (0)
Best AK-47 Magazines 7.62x39
« on: October 11, 2008, 04:07:20 PM »
I would like to buy a few new AK-47 magazines. These would be the basic 30 round mags in 7.62x39. I noticed that Midway has polymer mags made by Promag and Tapco(I think). They also list surplus Russian metal mags. I will be using these in a Norinco MAK-90. Has anyone here used the polymer mags in a MAK-90? How about the surplus metal mags; would they be better? Thanks for any info.

Offline DCRthe3rd

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
Re: Best AK-47 Magazines 7.62x39
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 04:29:33 PM »
You want my advice , go to aim surplus , here , http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Bulgarian_30rd_AK47_Steel_Magazine.html
buy the 30rd bulgarian mags , and you are set , I would never buy a promag anything.
repeat , 30rd bulg mags from aim surplus , you will be set.

Offline DCRthe3rd

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 04:31:41 PM »
and to add , take it apart and clean it before use , not that hard

Offline Default

• Classified -- Banned
  • Trade Count: (13)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 04:05:44 PM »
 I agree with what was said by DCR keep to the military surplus AK mags ... Not to say that tapco doesnt make a good product but that you cant kill a mil surp AK mag ... They were made like that for a reason and are one of the components that help make the AK the reliable wardog it is ... and yes i have the MAK 90 AK model and never a hiccup out of the hungarian or bulgarian mags i have for it

Hope that helps ya out mike,

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free." ~Ronald Reagan

THE QUICKEST WAY TO ENSLAVE A PEOPLE IS TO DISARM THEM ~ George Mason

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 05:38:56 AM »
Don't be afraid of Romanian Mags either.  All of mine... a bunch!   ;)  are Romanian and none have ever had a hicup.  I would assume it would be the same for most if not all com block countries.
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club