Author Topic: wow! great deal on laminate stock  (Read 4938 times)

Offline RonO777

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Avid Poster
    • Mr44Mag
Re: wow! great deal on laminate stock
« Reply #90 on: November 23, 2008, 02:29:09 PM »
I got one looks great mounted it up and took it back off. It would work good with open sites the comb is way to low to work with a scope. I think that was the reason it was a 2nd they cut the comb to low.
Ron

Offline Jimbo47

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (25)
« Reply #91 on: November 24, 2008, 12:32:27 AM »
Have to disagree on the low comb, and then again everyone doesn't have the same shape face or distance from cheek to eye so your mileage may vary.

I've got one that I just received from Boyd's and it's perfect, just like the other Handi I've got with the Monte Carlo.

I replaced a standard pallet wood stock that was too low using my scope, and the new Boyd's really made a difference and fit me perfectly.

I don't think you'll have any trouble selling it on the classifieds section since there are several people that missed out on the deal.
My culled down Handi's are the 45-70, and then I have a few others to keep it company...357 Mag/Max. .45 LC/.454 Casull Carbine, .243 Ultra, and 20 gauge Tracker II.

Offline RonO777

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Avid Poster
    • Mr44Mag
« Reply #92 on: November 24, 2008, 02:30:51 AM »
I dont have time to do it now but the t-hole stock does have a lower comb than the monte coarlo stock. It might be higher than a standard stock I don't know, I don't have a standard stock.
Ron

Its a little over half an inch lower.

Offline Bayou Stalker

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #93 on: November 26, 2008, 05:04:02 AM »
I just got an email from Brownell's saying my matching forend has shipped!

Kendall
Kendall