Author Topic: EOTech magnifiers  (Read 418 times)

Offline John N

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
EOTech magnifiers
« on: December 24, 2008, 05:56:27 AM »
Does anyone have any experience with magnifiers for EOtech holographic sights?  My EOtech 512  works great at CQB distances, but I'm looking for improved accuracy at longer distances with this nifty little tactical sight.

Offline Totenkopf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: EOTech magnifiers
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 08:27:05 AM »
Boy that's a mean little cannon there. Bet that sucker will produce a grin or two.

In the service we started off with aimpoint magnifiers. I believe they were the first available. At that time we had just swapped to the 62 gr green tip which would really be a 69 gr in flight characteristics. We had the flip aways and was the best thing we'd seen.
 Then the eotechs came out. We mounted them up on the flip away setup behind the aimpoints. The dot actually stayed the same size. Both were extremely clear, better than or equal to any hunting scope I own. I just picked up a 4X eotech earlier this year. Everything the old 3X were. It's mounted behind a compm4 aimpoint. Probably no better setup out there. I like it better than my acog.
 I bought one last month that is called a Mako, seems like it was under $100. That little sucker impressed me a lot. I have it mounted on compm3. It has held up to hunting. Clarity is superb. They are just a copy of the eotech, they do not magnify the dot either. I only have one 3x eotech as well. I can not tell the difference between the mako and the eotech 3X.
 Sorry no input with an eotech sight. Never owned one. Tried them out years ago as a bushnell, wouldn't make the cut in that config before the aluminum shield.
Good Luck
Sorry had to edit. When they are used they severely constrict field of view. So you really have to have a flip to the side mount. Also it takes a little to get used to with both eyes open. You have the target in the dominant eye and a holograph of it in the weak eye. But it's easy to overcome.

U.S. Army Retired
1st SFOD-D
Fort Bragg, NC

John 10:10

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.