Author Topic: Blue Money  (Read 407 times)

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
Blue Money
« on: November 26, 2008, 12:47:06 PM »
Had one of the other dealers at the last gun show, tell me about ''Blue Money" Seems he read or heard about a new currency the gov't might be working on. Seems that other country's, when in a bad economic situation, change's their currency. I guess the whole idea is, the new money, would be exchanged at your bank, of say, 10 to 1. One new ''blue dollar'', would be equavalant to 10 of our green dollars. National Debt gets cut 90%, inflation disappears, and we start all over. Sounds like a shell game to me. Your green money, would be made either illegal or worthless, in short time. Makes burying your money in your backyard usless. I googled blue money, and just got web site's about a song.  Anybody else hear of a country doing this?  gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Heather

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • mymartialartsplus.com
Re: Blue Money
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 01:50:48 PM »
I haven't heard anything about blue money, but burying our green $ would be useless no matter what.  The value of our dollar isn't backed by anything and eventually will be useless.  If I was going to bury anything it would be gold or silver.  In my opinion those will always have "true" value.

Heather
Strive for complete serenity in all aspects of life.
www.mymartialartsplus.com

A closed mind is often closed to the truth!

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and loose both...Ben Franklin

Offline Troyboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Work more talk less
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 02:08:52 PM »
Right you are. Gold and silver is the only way to horde.
.204 .22lr .22wm .25acp .223 5.56 .243 .25-06 6.5x55  .308  .300wbymag  7.5x54  7.62x25 7.62x39  338-06  9x19 .38spl  9x18 .45acp . 45-70 .500s&w 12rfl 12smb 20smb  .45lc 410smb .22hornet .280AI    Ask not what your country can do for you BUT what can YOU do for your country

Offline kevthebassman

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 02:51:23 PM »
Right you are. Gold and silver is the only way to horde.
Ammunition is on my list as well.   ;)

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 03:18:02 PM »
advice from an old man get guns-ammo-gold and silver. Saudi arabia just bought 3.25 billion in gold they are starting to bail on the greenback and it is only a matter of time before the rest of the world follows. China has way too many dollars to dump and drive the price down it would cost the billions, most of our creditors are in the same boat, but with the fed running the presses 24-7 they can't hold out too long because the devaluation caused by excessive printing will also cost them billions.
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 04:33:10 PM »
France  did  something  like  that when i  was  young

people  had  large  amounts  of  cah  they  never  paid  taxes  on

they  couldn't take  it to the bank to exchange since  they  never  made  it legally

i  am  poor  so  i  horde  lead.....got  gold  paint  and bullet  molds
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 12:29:37 PM »
The idea of Blue Money is nothing new. France did it, Germany did it several times and I presume others as well. Now that most of Europe is using a single curency it would probably not be as easy as it was before unless the entire EU goes for it.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.