Author Topic: Armalite Ar180b  (Read 453 times)

Offline darrell8937

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
Armalite Ar180b
« on: November 22, 2008, 10:14:55 AM »
I have been working this rifle for a bit now, and and happy to say things are looking up. When I first got it(used) it would jam almost every shot. I was using some mil surp. I switched to comercial stuf(223) and things improved dramaticly. Armalight made early runs with tight if not match chambers! They say to put a few hundred rounds down range to break it in. I bet I got it cheap as someone bought it and was not happy with the issues. No gun is perfect. I paid 499.. Shipping and 20 FFL fee. I think she will be fine! I am looking foward to some winter shooting! I would like to get a trigger job though! I will work on groups after the reliability.

Offline Default

• Classified -- Banned
  • Trade Count: (13)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Armalite Ar180b
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 11:13:15 AM »
Congrats Darrel ,

I have thought about those guns before .. but never had a chance to handle one
     Call me funny but i wont buy a gun that i havent handled an example of before .. Hows the weight and ergonomics of the rifle feel to you ??
     Is it a accurate little gun ? what type groups are you getting ? im curious..

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free." ~Ronald Reagan

THE QUICKEST WAY TO ENSLAVE A PEOPLE IS TO DISARM THEM ~ George Mason

Offline darrell8937

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
Re: Armalite Ar180b
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 10:51:35 AM »
I had handled the older ar180 but never shot one. bought of gunbroker... relied totaly on reputation and reviews. As far as ergonomics and handling. it is very similiar to the ar 15 with full length G.I barrells. I carried the m16a1 in the service for many years and the 180 feels similiar. I do think they could have made the handguard(forearm) a bit beefier. The fixed plastic stock feels more rigid than the 180 folding stock. as far as grouping.. stay tuned...I need more time before I would recomend one .. I would ho ever recomend a good old m48 mauser.. everyone should own one.. It should be a law..