Author Topic: Who we are  (Read 1708 times)

Offline S.E.Ak

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
  • Wrangell Ak
Who we are
« on: November 24, 2008, 12:32:58 PM »
Amigo Will and I wear colors at this time hence the name. I'm heading back to Alaska soon so who knows what might happen. Served in the Marines four years and spent from 7/66 to 7/68 in Viet Nam. Get 100% from the VA for poor brain function do to time in the service,might can help you some fighting their red tape if you need it. Started riding flat track outside of Detroit when I was thirteen and met the first men that didn't let me win because I was a kid.Up to about eight years ago I had a fairly hot hammer in the shotgun sports. Now I just sit back and take it easy and ride slow unless I'm with my brothers heading somewhere then its wide open. If things weren't tuff enough for bikers the new gangland shows with all their BS had made the pubic even more nervous than they should be. I just want to be like a dog with his head out the window and feel the wind.I also look a little strange with twelve foot surf rods sticking up heading to the beach to fish. Live about twenty miles from Galveston at this time.

Offline bubba

• Trade Count: (62)
Re: Who we are
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 01:26:35 PM »
well lets see. I will be 50 next month. I am a nurse practitioner who visits mentally ill people at home. During the summer I ride my bike to do the visits and my silverdao 4wd during the winter. I have two bikes an 82 yamaha seca 750 and a 2008 Honda shadow spirit 1100. I am an avid small gamer and love to use my t/c new englander 12 gauge to hunt grouse and pheasant. I also hunt deer with a muzzleloader exclusively during muzzleloading and regular season.  I am a single father of two girls one in college, one graduates from high school next June.  I shoot a lot of sporting clays with my 12 gauge side by side and do quite well with it.  My best is 85 out of 100.  I love to hit the road on a sunday and ride until I am tired of it and then return home, mostly through the adirondacks in upstate ny.  I have some buddies and we ride together, but no organized club. These are the same guys I hunt with in the fall.  We have a short riding season here, so we have to make the best of it.
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline TRAPnHUNT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
  • IL DNR Hunting & Trapping Safety Instructor. NRA
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 03:22:14 PM »
 Who are we? Well some say that we're the outcast of society. Those tattooed bikers! Those who would never amount to anything good. But yet we fight on foreign land so you can enjoy your freedoms. We stand up fight for what is right. We help those in need, in many different ways. We are the ones who help the elderly unlike those who just stand and watch them struggle. We are those who help children and make sure that they are safe and unharmed. We are those who will drop a $50.00 bill in the donation box while to drop your two quarters in there. No matter what colors we might wear, when we open up our leather jackets, we are red, white. and blue to the core. It does not matter if we ride a Harley or Yamaha. We ride because we enjoy the open road and the peace of mind that it gives us. Thats if those with their heads up their asses dont run us over or off of the road. We hunt for the same reasons and for some, survival. We also targets because it's still against the law to shoot stupid SOB's that have killed our brothers & sisters that were drunk while driving. We are bikers and damn proud of it! Thats who we are!!!!!!!!!!!!

No I'm not directing this towards anyone in response. I'm just saying it the way it is! If you dont like bikers, keep that narrow mind of yours turned the other way while we ride through your town!!!!!!!!!

Have a nice day! :)
I Trap And I Hunt. Therefore I AM!

Offline deernhog

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 02:47:31 PM »
I am tattooed, I have served the government, and still do in another branch. I have been patched and have decided to ride independent. I luv the biker life and my biker friends. I luv camping under the stars on a run, a rally or a hunting /fishing trip. If I were to meet one of you I would buy you a beer unless we were going into the woods. You would be a brother until you screwed me over or another brother then to hell with you. I would rather have a june bug bounce off my forehead at 70 than ride with a windshield. Gotta luv it.
Deer hunting is mostly fun then you shoot one and it turns to work.

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 03:58:55 PM »
AtlLaw stands for Atlanta Law, a screen name I chose when I first signed on with an ISP.  Sorry, I just couldn't think of anything else.  Now I can't think of any reason to change.  Military in the 60's and early 70's, retired Atlanta Police Dept, now a Prosecuting Attorney in Atlanta.  Husband of 1, Father of 5, Grandaddy of 6 and Brother of many.  I wear colors and those are about the only thing I take seriously; my family and my Club.

I've been a lot of places and done a lot of things in the last 63 years, flown a bunch of aircraft and jumped out of more then a few, been in gun fights, knife fights and fist fights, been shot, stabbed and had my butt whipped more times then I can count.  To old for that kind a stuff anymore so the shooting sports are the only hobbies I take time for.  Nowadays I devote all my time and energy to my family, my Club and guns, shooting and hunting.
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline deernhog

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 02:25:42 AM »
Atllaw I retired with 20 years 7 months and 29days in Oklahoma LE and now work for the state in the DL division. I was shot at and missed, but crapped at and hit several times. Like you it hurts too much to fight anymore but I could if I have to. I would rather hunt ,fish and play with the grandboy. I was patched with a club but their ideas did not agree with mine so I went independent and run with a pretty tight crew now.

Offline .357 shooter

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 02:52:55 PM »
Well lets see. I don't have any tattoos, Just could not think of anything I would want permanently. I am an 18 year disabled police officer from a small city PD in New york State. Now I work for a large Pharmaceutical Plant as an ArmedGuard Supervisor. I am a member of a local Police Motorcycle Club who does charity rides for the local community. Father of 4, no grandchildren yet. Love to hunt and ride my Harley.

Bryan
New York State! Home of high Taxes......

Offline bubba

• Trade Count: (62)
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2008, 03:20:11 PM »
welcome all and I hope we get to know more about each other as time goes by
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline jumpsteady

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2008, 04:30:28 PM »
I don't ride yet, but my dad and father in law both ride. I am 24, married, and have a 8 month old daughter. I also belong to ABATE of Kansas. Would love to be riding right now, but the bills just won't allow it at this time. NICU bills from a 5 week early child will do that to you.
Charter Member, Sons of the American Legion, Post 421 Topeka, Kansas

Charter Member, American Legion Riders, Post 421 Topeka, Kansas

Offline mikedb

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 01:38:48 AM »
I am 56 and am sort of semi retired geologist.  I work 3 to 4 days a week for the Michigan Dept. of Environmental Quality and teach two classes at a local community college.  Two sons 18 and 15 who ride, shoot and hunt;the youngest only dirt for now. My wife occasionally takes part.  I dont ride cruisers due to back pbs.  I have a Vstrom as my main touring bike.  Several smaller displacement bikes for dirt and dual sport.  I live just north of Ann Arbor the center of run away liberalism in Michigan. 

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 03:42:41 PM »
This forum is a great idea Amego Will!  There seem to be a lot more guys here then there are in some of the other forums!  Heck, between guns, hunting and bikes we can talk forever!  Then there is also those who would like to ride... Heck!  Add to that beer and wimmins and you got... Ooops!   :o  Maybe this should be an "Adults Only" forum!    ;)
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline S.E.Ak

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
  • Wrangell Ak
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 08:06:29 PM »
AltLaw maybe it should.Can you imagine the draw rally pics would bring in here.Nothing beats ice water and a teeshirt to make my day even at 60

Offline Dirt Bag

• Avid Poster
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2008, 01:44:03 AM »
AltLaw maybe it should.Can you imagine the draw rally pics would bring in here.Nothing beats ice water and a teeshirt to make my day even at 60
                ;D ;D ;D ;D
                                                     DB

Offline deernhog

• A Real Regular
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2008, 01:48:21 AM »
T-shirts?  The only t-shirts the girls wear at the rallies are hangin in thier back pocket most of the time.  :o    8)

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2008, 05:45:41 AM »
i figure i will throw my hat in as well....
i am 36 and am a telephone man.  divorced, and remarried, father to 3 kids.  and i like riding my scooter.  dont really need to say much else....