Author Topic: Hydro Cells  (Read 1765 times)

Offline bozeman

• Trade Count: (1)
Hydro Cells
« on: December 31, 2008, 04:45:57 AM »
Is anyone using a hydro cell in their vehicles?  Thinking about building one, just looking for some real world feedback, not some commercial.

thanks,
bozeman

Offline 243dave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Hydro Cells
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 01:48:54 PM »
Well, I will tell you my results. I tried it on a 96 ford ranger and it didn't work out. First I built my hydrogen generator and made a torch, I was able to burn thru paper clips(don't laugh). After I made a better HG that produced a lot more gas I started having flash-backs and kept blowing up my bubblers, so I quit with the torch. After a lot of experimenting with amp draw and how much lye to put in a gallon of water I felt confident enough to install it in my truck. At first I installed the HG and bubbler and did no other mods, I lost 2mpg. After I leaned back the fuel by extending out my O2 sensors, milage went back to where it originally was. I ran it for about 5 weeks before I took it off. I've come to the conclusion that the new computers (obd2) in 96 a newer vehicles is hard to fool, I wish I had a older vehicle with the older computer, a carburated vehicle would be even better. If I had a carburated vehicle I'd definately try it again.    Dave