Author Topic: Burris Z Rings on a Picatinny rail  (Read 747 times)

Offline conrad101st

• Trade Count: (0)
Burris Z Rings on a Picatinny rail
« on: December 10, 2008, 09:21:42 AM »
I bought one of those FN PBR actions and put it in a Houge stock. It's in .308 with the picatinny rail.

Instead of buying heavy and expensive tactical rings that I will have to lappe (sp?), I am considering the burris Z rings with the inserts. They are really made for weaver bases. I have a set of the Z rings in double dovetail on my deer rifle and they work great.

Will they hold up and work well on the picatinny rail or should i just buck up and drop the cash on the Mark 4 Leupold bases and be done with it? Guess my concern is gripping and the play in the slots since I understand 1913 rail slots are slightly wider than civvie weaver slots.

Appreciate your insight gents.

Conrad

Offline KRP

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Burris Z Rings on a Picatinny rail
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 10:14:14 AM »
They've worked fine on all the pic rails I have.  You may need spread them open just slightly if they've been mounted on a weaver or undersized base before and don't want to slip on.  I slide them foward or back so the cross bolt contacts the front/rear of the slot and can't move anytime I mount them.  Necessary or not I don't know but that's what I do.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 10:44:51 AM »
They'll work fine.  ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Skunk

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 11:07:05 AM »
The Signature Zee rings work great on a Picatinny Rail or Weaver base. I use that same system on three rifles and might also switch some others to it. It's an excellent combination.
Mike

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" - Frank Loesser