Author Topic: Kids first rifle  (Read 612 times)

Offline charles p

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
Kids first rifle
« on: December 01, 2008, 02:01:59 PM »
I took my kid hunting at age 10.  He had a 243 Featherweight.  His boot size was a six.  The next year he complained that his boots hurt his feet.  I took him to a sporting goods store and his foot measured 8 1/2.  I wear a 9 1/2 so I asked the salesman to bring him a pair in that size.  He wore them that afternoon and didn't hunt with me again until the following year, when his feet were a size 11 1/2.

Now he is even taller and larger.  The little Winchester Featherweight is still a great rifle.  Just had my first grandchild, a boy.  Can't recycle the boots that were only worn once, but the rifle that has been used very little it still a prized possession.  In about 10 years my grandson can sit in my lap and I'll wisper instructions into his ear.  "Aim at the shoulder and sqeeze the trigger just like we practiced."

Offline billy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Kids first rifle
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 02:59:00 PM »
They grow up fast,enjoy while you can.
I enjoy collecting guns, swaping and staying up on all the newest models. I deer, quail, squirrel and rabbit hunt.

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 07:24:08 PM »
My son's shoe size is 7  but we don't have the rifle yet and he needs some attitude improvement before he gets one, or gets to use the 30-30. But I see it coming and its pretty exciting. Hope he doesn't end up with 11.5's.  Well maybe I do. Then HE can pack the moose.
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 08:54:53 AM »
Those adjustments get more difficult the longer you wait. !!
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.